When did amazon cover search die? (1 Viewer)

MeHoo

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I used to use the IMDB search.. and it would find the movie, and all the info then under covers it would do "IMP Awards" and then under those it would do an amazon one. I don't know if I changed a config, but when I updated MP recently, this all went away and now all I get is IMP Awards, which never has the right cover.

My question is, how do I get this working again so I don't have to manually google every title just for the box art?

What's even better is when I click to update the grabbers in the config app, and delete the unsupported ones, the only english one there, IMDB with AKA, goes away... there are like 4 spanish ones, and even a few italian ones, but no english? I'm lost. What am I doing wrong?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't know which version of MP you run, but here IMDB with AKA stays in place even when I update. There are however two German grabbers before AKA in the list...

I can't tell why Amazon doesn't work, but they probably changed something in the code.

Why not try out the excellent plugin moving Pictures? It does everything that the built-in "My Videos" does + a LOT more.

MeHoo

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Because I already have 673 movies in this database, i wrote scripts in windows to updated in my PC and upload the files to my server, and i dislike the way moving pictures looks and works. Not to mention its database options suck. Tried to move my database over and it fails on 6 of my movies for no reason and just hangs... won't ever download the info. Why can't the default app just work?

MeHoo

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    So.. no official comments at all? Isn't MP going official soon? Shouldn't this sort of work? I hate moving pictures, and it's just as buggy.. can someone please fix this?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    didn't know that Movie Covers are extracted from Amazon.
    I'm in the middle of fixing it for the Music part.

i'm a happy Moving Pictures user, so i was not aware of the Amazon issue in Movies.
    once the amazon fix is in place, i'll have a look at the movies stuff.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just gave it a try and it downloaded perfectly the covers for a Movie.
    Didn't access Amazon at all.

I made a scan from within Config -> Video Database.
    Had IMDB as the database selected and it worked fine. i ran an update for the scripts and got the latest "IMDB with AKA " script downloaded.
    Please give it a try again. should work out of the box

M

movie-b

never use and never heard of them but for search image only google image I am relying on ,never disspointed me so far,from old to latest movie,it give me "result

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom