Where does this movie name come from? (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I was wondering: I just added "The Legend of Tarzan" to Moving Pictures and it was scraped by IMDb+ as "Untitled Tarzan Project" (tt0918940). There is no entry in the "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file and obviously none in the custom file also.
My question is: where does IMDb+ get this title from? And, for that matter, why isn't it just named "The Legend of Tarzan"?
By the way: many thanks for a VERY useful plugin!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, I would need to see a movingpictures.log file capturing the full import on that movie to tell you.

Wiki article explaining how to create what I need @ https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/wiki/Issues-Debugging

I would normally do it myself, but my HTPC is still borked, and sickness with headache isn't helping.

The title comes from the AKA page from IMDb.com due to the multi-language support system, and you can see the blank entry for "Untitled Tarzan Project".

But I need to see the detailed log file to find out why IMDb+ picked that, because it looks like the RegExp for the normal method is failing due to an IMDb.com HTML update.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @fredco, I would need to see a movingpictures.log file capturing the full import on that movie to tell you.

Wiki article explaining how to create what I need @ https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/wiki/Issues-Debugging

I would normally do it myself, but my HTPC is still borked, and sickness with headache isn't helping.

The title comes from the AKA page from IMDb.com due to the multi-language support system, and you can see the blank entry for "Untitled Tarzan Project".

But I need to see the detailed log file to find out why IMDb+ picked that, because it looks like the RegExp for the normal method is failing due to an IMDb.com HTML update.

Here it is. Rescraping didn't change anything...

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmm...
    Try reinstalling the IMDB+ plugin (use the extension installer)
    That will put the IMDB+ scraper in and at the top of the list in MovingPictures
    Re-scrape again

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm...
    Try reinstalling the IMDB+ plugin (use the extension installer)
    That will put the IMDB+ scraper in and at the top of the list in MovingPictures
    Re-scrape again

I've got XBMC (local) on top and IMDb+ second. Always had that, because I have posters and fanart stored along with my movies and I want to be sure that this is scraped first. All movies are categorized by IMDb+, so it's working like I want it to.
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way: I found another title that has this issue: "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" (tt0041094) which is renamed by IMDb+ to "The Madcap Adventures of Mr. Toad". This title is also from the AKA-page and it also has a blank entry. But I have this movie for over a year already and the behaviour of IMDb+ has been like this all this time, so it doesn't seem due to a recent change on imdb.com's part.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, okay I did notice that IMDb.com changed their HTML code when it comes to country, and language, but that will still fail this movie from importing correctly, because IMDb adds "NL" country code on your results.

So there are 3 (possibly 4) solutions to fix this:

1) After I update the IMDb+ scraper to fix the country/language code, you can add "NL" to the English country exception list in IMDb+ plugin settings by adding |nl to the existing list
    2) Wait for me to add this Tarzan movie to the rename dbase, as that is the quickest way to solve these IMDb issues with a blank language title entry on AKA
    3) Add the movie to your custom rename dbase file (quickest fix)
    4) I'll look at the RegExp logic some more for AKA page to see if somehow I can detect when a title is localized/translated versus English

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    RoChess: I waited for you to add the Tarzan movie. It now works perfectly! Although it took quite a while before my IMDB+ versions were automatically updated to 67 (now 69) in all my Mediaportal setups. Is there a way to force this update manually?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, yes you can fix that in the IMDb+ settings, for which you will need to either manually edit the config file, or have the MediaPortal settings plugin installed, and then you can do it in GUI. Forgot name of setting, but you can adjust to force an update check each time MediaPortal starts, and can adjust the time that it auto-checks (default is off on startup, and once every 24 hours)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom