Where in code are the skin elements being mapped to MP window? (1 Viewer)

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
I have been looking over MedialPortal.cs and d3dapp.cs to look for the code which is actually mapping the various elements from the skin to the MediaPortal window. For now, I am looking at the home (starting) page only (later on, I want to do the same for the TV Guide window). But I can't seem to find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There in the skin xml files, look in your skin folder and you will see all the xml's.

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    From code, I mean C# code. The xml files are just "instructions" for layout and formatting, I think. There must be some C# code which takes these "instructions" and actually "draws" the various elements in the MediaPortal window. I am looking for this C# code. I hope I have explained it better this time :)

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I would just have to do it there. It would be helpful if I knew who are devs responsible for this.

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    If anyone's interested :) Thanks to a lot of help from misterd, I am slowly working my way on this. MP's windows are created using controls which are defined as classes in core\guilib folder. Each control class has a render method which will draw it. Now I am on to the TVGuide section to see how it is rendered. The code is in the TVPlugin in GUITVGuideBase.cs and GUITVGuide.cs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom