Where is Direct Input in MP 1.6??? (1 Viewer)

BennTech

Portal Member
February 8, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What happened to Direct Input in MP 1.6? In all the previous versions it used to be at MediaPortal Configuration > Remote > Direct Input tab. Now in 1.6 the tab is gone. WTF? Did someone f*k up and accidentally remove it, or is Direct Input support officially dropped with this minor release?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now in 1.6 the tab is gone. WTF? Did someone f*k up and accidentally remove it, or is Direct Input support officially dropped with this minor release?
    Support was dropped. The code behind it was not compatible with .NET 4. Unfortunately nobody was able/willing to update the code (not trivial, else it would have been done), hence the decision.

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm resurrecting this one year later to beg for a dev to write the code to reintroduce support for direct input. I've been running MP v1.3.0 until today simply to keep the use of my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 (configured under direct input) as my HTPC remote.

With the recent changes to Trakt, I have been forced to finally get with the program and update MP and all my extensions to the latest versions. Unfortunately, this means I can't use the Rumblepad anymore.

Please bring back the option for direct input remote control!!

Thanks,
    Big_Chubbz

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If direct input is HID then it should work providing that the XML configuration is taken care of. I have already added the game control HID usage constants to the code and parser in anticipation.

You could install that version of MP, enable HID support from the remote configuration, also enable extented logs. Run MP, try pushing the buttons on your input device and look in the logs if the HID handler received some input. If it did then it means those buttons could be mapped to actions by editing Generic-HID.xml.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was thinking that it might be picked up through the raw input API. Not so sure that a keyboard or consumer HID registration would pick it up. Might have to set a specific registration...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good point, you won't see any input if the device is not registered.
    Device registration can be done through this XML file too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom