Where to store settings when writing plugin? (1 Viewer)

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Just writing a very basic plug-in and Im wondering where I should store saved settings? Can I store it in the MP database? Is there a MP API to do this? Or should I store in a stand alone xml file? In the past when coding in c# I've saved program settings to the system / user registry.

Cheers,
Rhys

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Use something like this to read:
MediaPortal.Profile.Settings xmlreader = new MediaPortal.Profile.Settings(Config.GetFile(Config.Dir.Config, "MediaPortal.xml"))

And something like this to write:
MediaPortal.Profile.Settings xmlwriter = new MediaPortal.Profile.Settings(Config.GetFile(Config.Dir.Config, "MediaPortal.xml"))

Plenty of MP plugin files have code that you can use to write to the configuration file, e.g. WindowPlugins\GUIAlarm\Alarm.cs, link:
http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge..../GUIAlarm/Alarm.cs?revision=10466&view=markup

Check out the LoadAll and SaveAlarm methods in that.

Sam

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Can I just ask is there official docs for classes like "MediaPortal.Profile.Settings" etc or should I just be able to use visual studio to generate docs or api reference?

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
There's some stuff in the MediaPortal Wiki, but its not very comprehensive.

Unfortunately, NDoc has been discontinued and SandCastle is still in its infancy, so it may be a while before we get MSDN-style references.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom