Codecs Wheres my audio gone?! (1 Viewer)

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP has been working fine with no issues until this morning. Turned on the PC - no audio in any of my movies (although I do get windows sounds and the MP menu clicks)

Setup: HDMI for Audio and Video via a Zotac GT430 to Onkyo NR616 amp

Had a look round the back of the PC and the HDMI cable looked a little stretched. As I have had one go bad on me before, so replaced it with another - still no sound. I have since tried both these cables elsewhere and they seem to work fine

Plugged PC straight into TV, to rule out amp (although other stuff on amp works fine). Still no sound connected to TV

At this point, wondered if it was software and ran Graphstudio. Aha!! Where has my sound pinout gone from LAV splitter?

noaudio.JPG

Reinstalled SAF and Nvidia drivers. Still nothing in Graphstudio.

Any ideas what could cause this to happen with no chnages and how I get it back!!???

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Just to be sure - this isn't just the simple decoupling master volume control that's tripped others (including me:) - although I would still have expected the audio to be shown from the LAV splitter (although if sound is MUTED I don't know if there would be an output point) so suspect it's more complicated:-<

Good luck on getting it fixed PDQ.

JCMP

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    sorted it. My amp needed the power pulling out for 30 seconds! Apparently turning off/on wasn't enough - it needed a full power cycle. As soon as I did this, sound started working again and I could see a full and proper graph in Graphstudio. Weird!

Dont know why I still had no audio when directly connected to TV though?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom