Wheres The Beeef... Opps Media Portal??? (1 Viewer)

apollos

Portal Member
October 24, 2006
Cobb Mt, Ca.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey MP users. I'm discouraged. I downloaded MP 4 days ago. I posted to get some info thinkn' this program was uncomplicated. I downladed the latest version to experience errors. Posted some thoughts....got some recomendations.
Then I got a 'BRIGHT':D idea. There must be specific MP setup documentation. Of course. There are so many newbies and wannabe's (including me) the dev's must have put one together. Not just a 'features' doc, but someting w\a bit of specifics for the sections. We'll I 've spent an hour on this forum 'search' and not one, zilch. So some experienced MP moderator direct me to the setup doc. I'm stunned it's not a 'stickey.'

apollos

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    You don't mean the link titled "Documentation" on the top left corner of the home page?

Edit: It's pretty hard to document everything that you may need, but in most cases a search of past threads will give you everything you need. If not, there's always a lot of people here willing to help provided you ask nicely and give us all the information you are able to about your setup.

apollos

Portal Member
    October 24, 2006
    Cobb Mt, Ca.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi again,

I did check out the 'HOME' pg setup description, but the 'ATSC' section is 'blanked out.' The 'doc' is basic. When the section is 'greyed' out where is one to find the field info? The program is just a shell (at least for me) while I can play vids, music etc etc, the TV tuner reveals nothing, and no info form the MP site regardin' it's setup.
    apollos:eek:

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It might be wise to open a support question in the installation support section, but please do read the stickies there first. Do understand that there is no "normal" MP setup. For example, I'm from the Netherlands and have no clue whatsoever what ATSC might be, but am quite sure it has nothing to do with TV as I know it. So, for me, it's no problem that that section is empty. ;)
    However, undoubtably, someone here will know how to get your system up and running, so relax and just ask what to ask.
    (And, once you've got everything working, feel free to add this info to the wiki. :))

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did check out the 'HOME' pg setup description, but the 'ATSC' section is 'blanked out.'

Because unfortunately ATSC support is still rather new for most users, and few people have an ATSC setup, let alone are able to explain their setup well enough to write documentation for it! :D

Im still using a SD hardware encoding tuner for my HTPC, so you're venturing into grounds I've never been to. Posting a support question in the support forum like onkl said might yield you better results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom