[OTHER] Which card can handle rehandshake on hdmi (1 Viewer)

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
yes I know I can try Win7 for free, but I find it a bit annoying to change OS after I just bought windows XP.

I just tried another GFX card, a NVIDIA Geforce 8600GS today - same problems. If I wake it manually with tv/receiver off and then turn on the tv/receiver it will have changed resolution to 1024x768@60Hz. If it wakes by itself to do a recording and I then turn on the screen, it is black and theres no signal. In the first case I can use NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode to get the mode back but the last case there is nothing I can do until the recording is over and the system is back at sleep.

I have the following options to try:
Other HDMI cable as suggested
Other OS
Other TV
Other receiver
Buy an valve radio, listen to some blues while I drink a bottle of redwine forgetting that I ever invested my time in a mediacenter...

Thanks for all the suggestion guys.

Best regards
Martin

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the following options to try:
    Other HDMI cable as suggested
    ... listen to some blues while I drink a bottle of redwine ....
    Best regards
    Martin

Martin, I am thinking you can do both but I urge you to try a different, not better, just different, HDMI cable as your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I was very skeptical that it could be a bad cable. I have not researched it but both my cables came from discount web based suppliers, one works, one fails the HDMI handshake. Both seem to carry the high-speed data to support the picture... good luck... hope you have someone nice to share that red wine with....
    Dave

mba

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2005
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I bought another hdmi cable today of a better quality than the old one, but of course it didn't make a difference.

If just I could find the difference between waking automatically and waking it manually by remote, because the latter case works somewhat. Does MP do something special to enable the display? Or is it windows that handles these mechanisms.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues.
    You might try the free sw tool HDMI on
    hdmiOn – a solution to loss of DVI video EDID signal on HD TVs | thydzik's technology blog

But I would suggest the following:
    Follow the driver sweeper instructions to remove all old/ or newer drivers.
    Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com

load Nvidia GeForce 182.06

do not disable the NVIDIA service ( leave it all stock)

Skip the receiver (just to get it working first)
    Having only one HDMI cable connection to the TV

Try each of your cables and see what behavior you get.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom