[OTHER] Which Card? NVIDIA GT 520 or ATI HD 6450? (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Which Card? NVIDIA GT 520 or ATI HD 6450?

But how can you enable "PDVD ham decoder" in MediaPortal? Does it show under stats in shift+1?

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Against my own advice I got the ATI 6450. Silly me. Another ATI card, another round of driver issues. Will be dumping both my ATI cards and getting the NVidia 430 or 520 soon. Just worried about the picture quali vs ATi

And what's the problem with the 6450? I have the same card and have no problems with it ( driver 11.9)

As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky

With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers caused total corruption of one of my HD channels. Changed to 11.4 and all was ok.

But then the main problem is the HDMI port, if I use it then I get 'hum bars' across the TV at 50hz. Looking into this it seem I am not the only one. I have yet to confirm if it happens when using DVI (I am told it does not, and that its a HDMI only problem). My old card did not have HDMI, only DVI and that was fine - which backs up the DVI/HDMI issue some people see.

It is a pity, because the ATI cards are cheaper and hardware is smaller and fits better in a small PC

As for picture quality - not all cards are the same - As I am talking about the deinterlacing that each card does, and how well it does it will affect the image.
    See comparisons such as this one - http://www.anandtech.com/show/4380/discrete-htpc-gpus-shootout/7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom