Which CI hardware to go for (1 Viewer)

mfalk

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi All
Living in Denmark with Boxer TV. Currently i have to no-name TV cards in my Windows 2008 TV server which works perfectly. Now i would like to be able to se the scrambled channels too. I do currently not have any HD channels, and can also live without it :)

I have search the forum and the internet, but it is kind of a jungle. Does anyone have a working setup or experience which couls lead me to the correct solution. I would offcourse prefer just a CI module like Cinergy C PCI HD CI, or the like, however if that will not work i will then by what ever card it takes.

br
Michael

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Michael

I can't give specific advice about CI modules and CAMs that would work for you but I can point you to the list of tuners that we support so you have some idea of what your options are.

Supported TV Cards - MediaPortal Wiki

Keep in mind that beta support is also available for TBS tuners with CI slots (here) and I am hoping we can add support for Anysee tuners as well in the next few months or so.

mm

mfalk

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks mm.

I can see that the TBS cards you list are for satelite, and from their website it doesn't look like they have DVB-T

I already looked at the Wiki, but i am a bit worried about actually making it work with Boxer in DK, since as far as i can see they use Viaccess Secure, and i am not sure how that will affect it.

Also the fact that my server runs on Win 2008, migth add to the uncertainty.

So again, if anyone has any experience please share :)

br
    Michael

Ferao

Portal Member
    December 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can confirm that Boxer works with Hauppauge WINTV single tuner stick and Hauppauge WINTV CI with a viaaccess by smith
    only drawback for me at the moment seems to be that after days of flawless working it will start to show the channel black with some artifacts / littel pixels of the real image just like the decryption i snot beeing removed entirely but at reboot of the tvserver seems to fix this until next time it happens, i have not been able to find the sulution for this yet.

JIVE

April 7, 2012
    Bonderup, Nordjylland, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi there.
    I use MP with an TERRATEC H7 DVB-T HDTV / DVB-C with an PCMCIA from Boxer. It works perfect. Good sound and pictures.
    Easy to setup. The TERRATEC H7 DVB-T HDTV / DVB-C cost about kr. 920,-

jbagh

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just to open a old thread. Incase anyone searches for answers like I did.

http://www.technotrend.eu/2987/TT-connect_CT2-4650_CI.html

This is the one you want for Boxer HD in DK. Multible devices work with additional cards. But the one can decrypt more than one channel. I have this and an old Digital Anywhere Floppy DTV-S2 for canal digital. and USB noname DVB-T2 sticks for free canals. In order to have multible streams for the free Danish channels. (have 4 clients)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom