Which codecs are used in TV Service preview? (1 Viewer)

biggietallz

June 5, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,
I'm kinda new to Mediaportal, and I'm having some trouble with viewing HD channels, which I think are codec related.
When I view HD channels in mediaportal itself, the it is a bit glitchy.

However, the HD channels work perfectly when viewing through the TVService configuration preview.

My question is, what codecs does the TV Service use when displaying the preview, for HD channels? Does it pick up the mediaportal configuration, or use some defaults?

I am running mediaportal 1.0.2.0, and picking up the signal via sttellite.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Codecs that are used by setuptv are the default ones that directshow has configured to be used (merit values). Now there is another possibility as rendering the video inside MediaPortal is done completely in different way (overlay vs. D3D / texture) it could be a performance issue as well.

Please provide the GPU / CPU info.

biggietallz

June 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the prompt reply!
    GPU is an ATI Radeon 4350, and CPU is a 2.4Ghz core duo.

When you say
    "Codecs that are used by setuptv are the default ones that directshow has configured to be used (merit values). "
    What do you mean by merit values? Can I check what these values are?

My thinking is that if I set mediaportal to use the same codecs as are being used in the preview, then my HD viewing should be ok.

Since you say the rendering inside mediaportal is done differently, I guess it could be a different issue. I figured they would be using the same code.

I haven't manually set up filters or anything for the tv config. I've left everything as default.

Thanks again for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom