Which files i need after rebuilding MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

KlereBak

Portal Member
June 20, 2004
I followed the rebuilding procedure and finaly produced a new build. But i'm a bit confused on how to update my excisting MediaPortal. I did a file to file compare and noticed that most of the files are the same as latest release. I really like the software and noticed that are a lot of bug fixes allready and i want to use them as soon as possible. Can someone help me out, please.

Update:

Ok, i think i got it figured out, i replaced everithing except cvs directories, i noticed that numerous dll's had a different version number, not replacing them made MediaPortal extremely instable. Best of all i now have a working version with many improvements.

I'm not a programmer at all, but thanks to the instructions on this board i got it up and running, comments, tips and tricks are always welcome and who knows, maybe i can learn something.

KlereBak

Portal Member
June 20, 2004
KlereBak said:
I followed the rebuilding procedure and finaly produced a new build. But i'm a bit confused on how to update my excisting MediaPortal. I did a file to file compare and noticed that most of the files are the same as latest release. I really like the software and noticed that are a lot of bug fixes allready and i want to use them as soon as possible. Can someone help me out, please.

Update:

Ok, i think i got it figured out, i replaced everithing except cvs directories, i noticed that numerous dll's had a different version number, not replacing them made MediaPortal extremely instable. Best of all i now have a working version with many improvements.

I'm not a programmer at all, but thanks to the instructions on this board i got it up and running, comments, tips and tricks are always welcome and who knows, maybe i can learn something.

Funny, 41 views and no replys, but i have figured it out myself, got it up and running. I even can build an setup.exe now. After all it was not that hard. Thanks for this great application, i think it's best money can buy. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom