Which is the Best TV card? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hauppauge?
ASUS?
MSI?
others?

I have the ASUS and a PVR-250 on order. What I noticed with the ASUS is that the play back of a recorded show is a little blocky, possibly due to a slower frame rate?? What card will provide me with the highest quality recordings?

A

Anonymous

kaizen said:
Hauppauge?
ASUS?
MSI?
others?

I have the ASUS and a PVR-250 on order. What I noticed with the ASUS is that the play back of a recorded show is a little blocky, possibly due to a slower frame rate?? What card will provide me with the highest quality recordings?

:cry: For me the best one is the SS1 , ( Hauppauge Nexus-S TechnoTrend 1.3, 1.5 , 1.6 ) because ( I have one , no more serious ), first they are working with small PC and second with their hability to decode the mpeg2 and third the TV Cinch for TV-OUT and sound ( Digital and Analog )... but not yet supported as I can see ... SNIFF
The SS2 is also a good card but more CPU consuming ...
I also own a PVR-USB, not supported ... SNIFF again.

zendur

Portal Member
December 14, 2004
Netherlands
I bought a Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE last week. I'm verry happy with it. Recording and watching tv works fine. Cost me € 75,-. Not so bad for a good tv card with hardware MPEG2 recording.

A

Anonymous

I'd be interested in seeing some recommendations too. I'm using a Hauppauge PVR-350 at the moment (only it's encoder though) with MP and I'm not happy with the quality of the image.

MP's settings for the card are sort of "odd" and unfriendly. None of the bitrate stuff stick in the UI so it's hard to tell if it even makes a difference.

Have tried every MPEG2 codec out there for decoding, but they all seem to generate the same crappy output. Artifacts and poor colors along with the "digitized" look of MPEG.

I was really stoked when I found some info on the XCard (Sigma?) which seemed able to produce high-quality looking TV, but then I found a thread here stating it probably never will be supported by MP.

Recommendations anyone? Cost is not an issue and I'm using regular analogue cable / antenna on PAL-B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom