Which language to learn to program... (1 Viewer)

MyPVR

Portal Pro
September 22, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
There are some helpfull eBooks available in the net:

Microsoft - C# Programming for the Absolute Beginner (Premier Press)
MSPress - C# 2005 Express Edition - Build a Program Now
MSPress - Programming Microsoft Windows with C# - Charles Petzold - 2002
O'Reilly - Programming C#

Perhaps this will help you at your first steps.

Regards,
MyPVR

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    O'Reilly - Programming C#

^^ I have this book, its very good.

having a look at it, it surely looks good.

last version is one with a "bird" in the front cover? 2nd edition from February 2002?

thanks to all for your help !! im going for it ! :)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    2002 sounds quite old. I think Mine covered .Net 2 (whenever that came out).

here you go - Amazon.co.uk: Programming C# 3.0 (Programming): Jesse Liberty, Donald Xie: Books

seems to be the newest (dec 2007).

Also, I highly reccomend the following book for all programmers: Amazon.co.uk: The Pragmatic Programmer: Andrew Hunt, David Thomas: Books

Its only a small book, easy to flip through, and a lot of its common sense, stuff you read and think "d'uh", but its a great book.

Then once you are done with those you should look into a book on Design Patterns.. ;)

My problem with books is that I never get round to reading them. I have a pretty good Programming/Geeky bookshelf, but I never get more than a 1/3 of the way through a book - always too busy with work :(

So much to learn, so little time! So Gixxer - you really need to stay at it, and make sue you do some examples, or a small project, I find that is the best way to learn! You have to write stuff, practice whats in the books!

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    thanks alot for your answer !!!

ive found the 3.0 edition so as soon as i can ill go for it ! so far ive done what u say, when im going to learn a language i think of a small project and learn to make it. its much more fun than learning plain code, althought sometimes its neccesary.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom