Which online database? Error correction? Internal Variables? (1 Viewer)

Testudo

Portal Pro
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I check since few days if MPTagThat the right tool for me.
The first impression is very good.

Now I have questions as below.

1. Which internet database use MPTagThat?
For Example:
If I open a folder with wav-files from a ripped CD the field genre left be empty.
If I do the same with audiograbber the genre ist not empty. Audiograbber use freeDB.

EDIT (16. November 2010): Answer: MusicBrainz | Sorry, I didn't read this right -> https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-tools/mptagthat

2. Do MPTagThat an error correction by ripping Audio-CDs?
I prefer EAC for ripping Audio-CDs, because it has an error correction function and update the ripping results with online values. The result is sometimes better as without error correction (like audiograbber)

3. If I convert wav (Tags are available) in flac, the flac file hasn't tags. Why? What have I to do, that flac files get Tags automatically?

4. Where can I find MPTagThats Tag-Variables?
This is necessary for the commandline option for flac.
For example: flac -5 -T ARTIST='Variable from MPTagThat'

5. Can I convert "at the same time" and automatically from wav in mp3 and flac?

Regards
Testudo

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. Which internet database use MPTagThat?
    For Example:
    If I open a folder with wav-files from a ripped CD the field genre left be empty.
    If I do the same with audiograbber the genre ist not empty. Audiograbber use freeDB.
    EDIT (16. November 2010): Answer: MusicBrainz | Sorry, I didn't read this right -> MEDIAPORTAL - MPTagThat: Tag Your Music

When ripping a CD, i access FREEDB.
    For identifying unknown tracks, i use MusicBrainz.
    2. Do MPTagThat an error correction by ripping Audio-CDs?
    I prefer EAC for ripping Audio-CDs, because it has an error correction function and update the ripping results with online values. The result is sometimes better as without error correction (like audiograbber)

No, i'm not doing error correction. i wanted to implement the routines from EAC, but they are not available for Open Source Projects

3. If I convert wav (Tags are available) in flac, the flac file hasn't tags. Why? What have I to do, that flac files get Tags automatically?

Have the Tags been editable in the WAV file by MPTagThat? If so, they should be carried over

Don't understand what you mean by that. Where do you want to use the flac from command line and insert the variable?
    If you do a conversion from one format to the other and the source format has Tags, then those tags are applied to the Target format.
    no need for you to specify anything on the command line.

You mean the same file at the same time into both format?
    No, i'm afraid not.

Testudo

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Which online database? Error correction? Internal Variables?

Hi hwahrmann,
    thanks for your answers and your great tool.

Why do you use different online databases? One database should be enough. :confused:

No error correction. It's a pity.
    I hoped I can have all functions what I need in one tool. So I will use furthermore EAC for ripping CDs.

Zitat von Testudo

Have the Tags been editable in the WAV file by MPTagThat? If so, they should be carried over
    Sorry, I think I don't understand what do you mean. I open a folder with wav-files, than I insert Tags via Internet search. Than I press save (disk icon). Now I convert to flac. I open the folder with the flac-files and the Tag fiedls are empty.

Zitat von Testudo

You mean the same file at the same time into both format?
    I mean an automatism that convert by one klick to two different formats. It's don't matter how it happens.
    The program can do it serial. First to the first format and second to the other format, but without user interaction.

Zitat von Testudo
    I thought I can use it to add the Tags to the flac files at this way.

:D
    Testudo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom