Which versions of MP are compatibles with TBS 6982? (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,
I used for months the TBS 6982 card with MediaPortal 1.9, after applying the patch 1.6 found in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ther-improvements.103276/page-51#post-1051247

Then, I tried to upgrade to higher versions of MediaPortal without success, this patch doesn't work and only a few channels are scanned, making this card useless. I tried it in MediaPortal 1.12, 1.13 and also in MediaPortal 2.

Could someone please tell me if I have to stick to this 1.9 version if I want to use the TBS 6982?
Are there patches for using this card in higher versions of MP?

Thank you very much in advance

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Zorg

The patch should work with newer versions of MP 1 including MP 1.12 and 1.13. I suggest you install MP 1.13, apply the patch, and then provide log files if it doesn't work for you.

To directly answer your questions:
    Could someone please tell me if I have to stick to this 1.9 version if I want to use the TBS 6982?
    No, you shouldn't have to.

Are there patches for using this card in higher versions of MP?
    No. The same patch should work for MP 1.6 - 1.13 and future.

Regards,
    mm

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you for your answer.
    Then, I'm probably doing something wrong when installing the patch. I don't remember well what I did when I installed it in MP 1.9
    What I do now, when installing it in higher versions of MP, is copying the three files of the patch I downloaded (1.6.rar) in the folder of the TVServer.
    Is that right or I'm missing something?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is that right or I'm missing something?
    Make sure you stop the TV service and close TV Server Configuration first. Apart from that it sounds like you're doing it right. Log files would show if the patch is installed correctly.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Make sure you stop the TV service

OK Thank you. I think that was the problem. I didn't remember to stop the service and that ruined the installation for good. I can't believe it. Such a simple thing...
    I'm still scanning more channels now and everything seems to be OK for the moment. if I get into trouble, I'll let you know. Thank you very much.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom