[Blog] While You Were Sleeping: Plugins #1 (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello, fellow MePo’rs! Lyfesaver here, and I just wanted to fill you in on some things that you may (or may not) have missed. What could you have possibly have missed? Oh, I don’t know. Did you know that you don’t have to leave MediaPortal to get new plugins and skins, or update your current ones? Did you know that due to Darwin’s “Natural Selection” MyMusicVideos and mVids are now extinct? Perhaps you have not heard about the new plugin that will fire lasers at any right handed polar bears that invade your home? Okay that last one is not real, but how cool would that be? Okay, okay let’s take a look at them before I let my imagination run away! (Too late)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Sorry for adding the comment section of the blog so late =)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

really nice to see some more news about Mediaportal!

Only one question: You are talking about Wi-Fi Manager.. But where can I find that plugin?

Regards

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Hi,

really nice to see some more news about Mediaportal!

Only one question: You are talking about Wi-Fi Manager.. But where can I find that plugin?

Regards

I got it from the developer himself on a test basis. It is not out for downloading quite yet, but if you send offbyone a PM he would most likely send you the link. He could also be on the verge of putting it in MPEI and the website soon. I don't know quite yet what his intentions are. That's why I talked about it in the "Around the Corner" section. Maybe he will even give us some insight as soon as he reads the blog =)

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I always love reading the MP blogs. So more blogs equals more fun :).

Putting the spotlight on plugins is a good idea: The developers get more attention (its always good to hear the people like your work), new users can easily read about cool plugins they might want to use, and even old users (I like to consider myself that) will benefit from it. Before this blog I never heard about the plugin "extensions", like the idea and will be trying it after finishing this reply :).

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great, keep these blogs coming, i also learned about Extensions the extension today. Keeping track of updates and new extensions trough the forum can be time consuming...

EDIT: Like for instance MovingPictures, is that project left, in hibernation mode, or just perfected by now? I see their last installer is for 1.2 Beta+, but didn't 1.2.0 final change some dependencies in the installer etc?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    @Hulk: I can not speak for fforde, of course. But knowing him I think it is safe to say that MovingPictures will never be "perfect", altho it is pretty close, much like TVSeries can not get much tighter either. What I can tell you is that fforde is working on a new MovPic release as we are typing these messages =) That being said I am sure he will have it done by the time the next WYWS: Plugins comes out =) probably way before. So keep an eye on the forums for that =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom