[Blog] While You Were Sleeping: Plugins #1 (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
EDIT: Like for instance MovingPictures, is that project left, in hibernation mode, or just perfected by now? I see their last installer is for 1.2 Beta+, but didn't 1.2.0 final change some dependencies in the installer etc?

Moving Pictures 1.2 works fine with the latest version of MediaPortal (1.2.1 at the time of writing this). There were some changes in the dependency checks in MPEI but we do not use this installer (situations like this being one of the primary reasons).

As far as the plugin's current state goes, I would call it mature. We will continue to push bug fix releases as needed and occasionally some new features. For example our next major release will introduce search which should be coming soon. After that I'd like to get an interface for the importer in the GUI. But honestly the plugin is at a point where I am pretty happy with it so yes, development has slowed.

el_gato

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: While You Were Sleeping: Plugins #1

[...] But honestly the plugin is at a point where I am pretty happy with it so yes, development has slowed.

kinda sad to hear that development has slowed down as there are about 233 issues left, where there are some nice ideas and highly rated enhancements, for example multiseat support (issue 23), just to mention one. movpic is for sure nearly perfect and i'm also really happy about it every time i use it (same for mytvseries), but there is always something you could improve... you could call it "making the plugin even more userfriendly"^^ for example, it is already possible to download subtitles very easily with subcentral, but the option to automatically download subtitles (issue 97) would be the dot on the i...

anyway, i'm really looking forward to the any new release and the searchfunction! keep up the great work and :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: AW: Re: While You Were Sleeping: Plugins #1

kinda sad to hear that development has slowed down as there are about 233 issues left, where there are some nice ideas and highly rated enhancements, for example multiseat support (issue 23), just to mention one. movpic is for sure nearly perfect and i'm also really happy about it every time i use it (same for mytvseries), but there is always something you could improve... you could call it "making the plugin even more userfriendly"^^ for example, it is already possible to download subtitles very easily with subcentral, but the option to automatically download subtitles (issue 97) would be the dot on the i...

anyway, i'm really looking forward to the any new release and the searchfunction! keep up the great work and :D

I am going to continue working on Moving Pictures and like I said there are a handful of enhancements that I really want to get knocked out, multi-seat support being one of them. But the plugin has reached a mature state. I am not saying we are stopping development or anything, just saying I feel like most of the core functionality I envisioned when I started the project is in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom