Why no Channel Seven channels -Australia (1 Viewer)

gsi095

Portal Member
August 30, 2010
Home Country
Hi,

I have set up the TV server but the channel Seven block of digital channels were not identified.

there were a few unknown channels but I dont know if they are the channel seven channels, there should be a few (7, 7HD, 7TWO, 73)

when I mapped them to the card as they are unknown in Mediaportal they dont appear.

Is there a way to test if these are the channels Im looking for and how do I get them so the epg sees them correctly

Thanks

Dave

Attachments

• TVServer.doc
    71 KB

gsi095

Portal Member
August 30, 2010
Home Country
Im in Neutral Bay in Sydney and more specifically I know that the antenna is pointed towards the Kings Cross tower and they tried to tune out the Atarmon signal as they were competing. Our apartment block just got a new antenna a few months back.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    theres some changes on the 25th Sept for Channel 7 in Oz.

7HD is being replaced by 7mate (lol gotta love that name) - much like how ABCHD was replaced by ABC News 24
    7Two will stay the same
    7 will stay the same

see if your native software ( Winfast) can find the channels properly and what their frequency is and report them here

Lardy

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It could be reception/connection. A few months ago I found 7 & 9 were missing after they had been there the day before. I rescanned and got the unidentified channels. It turned out that my aerial cable had been slightly pulled out from the TV card, and with 7 & 9 having the weaker signals (the other channels were OK) they failed. I reseated the aerial cable/TV card connection, rescanned, and all was OK.

gsi095

Portal Member
    August 30, 2010
    Home Country
    OK I solved it. I had set the are to Sydney but should have set it to Sydney - Eastern Suburbs as thats where the antenna guy aimed the antenna for best reception.

Thanks
    Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom