Why not live internet TV in myTV ? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Anonymous, August 6, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spy!! Me!! Nahh 8)

I have never tried the channels myself, since i have only been a customer for BBB for a short while, but ill give it a try when i recive a new computer i have ordered. I think it might be hard to get these channels to work propperly with MediaPortal since it seems that you have to login each time you wanna initiate. But still, it would be supercool if it would work :p

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok
    I have already tested the "tv" in MyRadio
    but this is not what I want .....
    I want InternetTV in MyTV
    I think some people would like this too

to find some channels :
    www.wwitv.com or www.tv4all.com
    www.comfm.com/live/tv/

and in winamp > library > internet television

so now .... you can see there are many channels over the net , so I would be nice to watch them in media portal , in MyTV

Always waiting for this cool feature
    :D

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what about opening stream files in my videos ?? as a way to open streams
    in xbmc that is the way to open streams so
    one should make a textfile with the url of the stream in and saved that as a *.strm
    and u could open that on your xbox and start the streaming (in my videos)

so i think mediaportal should have to make that to
    it's already great but we can tune in some more e

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Streaming video from My Radio

I played with streaming video from My Radio today and was glad to see that it worked. The only problem that I can see is that when I full-screen (x) it doesn't stretch like in My Video/My TV view. So a 160x160 video looks small in the middle of the screen. Is this an easy enhancement?

For what it's worth, another streaming video source (free) is NASA TV. This 24 hours a day for all NASA activities. When no launch or mission is being covered they have a variety of other educational programs relating to space, weather, or science.

http://www.nasa.gov/55644main_NASATV_Windows.asx

6. erisan500
    • Team MediaPortal

erisan500 Retired Team Member

IT Manager
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Use the magic 'S' button...

Eric

7. SiLenTYL
    • Team MediaPortal

SiLenTYL Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    yep if u try an .ASX file in "MY RADIOS" then pressing the "s" button does nothing.....

but if u try the .ASX file in "MY VIDEOS", then u can change the size of the picture

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i beg to differ: all national broadcast channels (and more) are available on the fastweb metrolan in italy... would love to be able to record shows from it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

if i put the asx file in my videos (after adding the .asx extension as a known one) i get a blank screen and it returns immediately to the my videos menu. have you actually tried it or are you just guessing it would work?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  11. datanode

datanode Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    I love this idea. ( not becoz i thought of it myself and stumbled upon this when searching)
    More and more tv companies are switchting to internet for broadcasting, I can know because I work in that industrie. In a couple of years internet is fast enough for nice quality tv internetstream and it would be great to add channels in My tv, just like radio.
    I would love to flip thru my cable channels and pop on an Nasa Channel or a webcam feed for that matter, hey maybe to see if my little kid in the other room sleeps ok.
    I think this is well worth exploring!!!
    From the top of my head : a Google video integration would be nice... but maybe that would be a different section.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!