WifiRemote says it works... but it doesn't (1 Viewer)

WelshGandalf

Portal Member
July 2, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ampdroid is great! I have installed it on my Samsung S3 mini, after a few little teething problems it is connecting up to my MediaPortal client & server. I can do things like watch TV/videos on my mobile, and activate MP. Music doesn't seem to work, but I'm not too concerned about that for now.

However... I really wanted to be able to use it as a remote. But it's not working. I have done the following....
- checked port 8017 is open on Windows Firewall
- checked WifiRemote is using that port
- tried out the WifiRemote demo (which works fine)
- tried WifiRemote 0.7.0 and 0.7.1
- uninstalled and reinstalled WifiRemote

The light on the bottom right of my phone turns green, showing it (apparently) is connected to whatever it is that it connects to. However pressing buttons in the remote screen does nothing on the client's screen.

Anyone have any ideas?? Logs uploaded as per the troubleshooting page.

WelshGandalf

Portal Member
July 2, 2013
Home Country
No-one got a clue then? :( A shame as the remote is the one feature I wanted the most.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your logs say that authentication failed. Did you configure the same username/password in aMPdroid and WifiRemote?

WelshGandalf

Portal Member
    July 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Wow thanks Oxan - something so obvious but that was the answer!! It all works perfectly now, it's VERY cool :)
    Might be something to add in a future version of Ampdroid - a message to say when this is the case - and/or add it to the list of possible problems in the installation guide/wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom