Wiki editor not useable? (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wanted to write a wiki page, but the editor makes me nuts.
    1st: If I type to fast a lot of letters are missing.
    2nd: When ever aI try to insert something with the toolbar (like scripts, links, ...) they get added at the beginning of the page, not at the cursor location.
    3rd: most formatting features (like text color) does simply do nothing.
    How do others edit the Wiki?
    I'm using IE 11 on Win 8.1.
    And no, I will not install FireFox.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And no, I will not install FireFox.
    no need to, Chrome or Opera is fine too ;P

those are known IE11 issues with the used old ckeditor. Wiki software has reached it's EOL 2 or 3 years ago, no updates/fixes to expect.
    Already tried to update the editor manualy to latest 3.6.x versions but issues are still existing.
    Can try another update to the 4.x versions but I expect compatibility issues with mindtouchs own changes/plugins.

IE's Compatibility View will work for the editor but break the rest of the page...

so advise...use Chrome or Opera ;)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use Chrome now to edit the WIKI pages, but I still have some problems with it.
    Sometimes the cursor jumps to a different location while typing. Since I do not look at the screen while typing (never did, never will I guess), this is a huge problem, since I sometimes recognize this after several lines of text typed. In some cases previous typed content is totally destroyed by this, and only undo (which works well) saves me from doing it all over again.
    I think there are more glitches than only the jumping cursor, but it's hard to prove.

Other topic:
    How can I order the sub pages of a page?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom