Wiki glossary (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Just spent a few hours starting the wiki glossary here:

http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/glosary:toc

I have added over a hundred listings and have put in explations for about forty so far. I will do some more when I get the chance - my eyes are hurting :cry:

If any of you want to add or change anything then please do. :D

The explanations I have put in so far may not be the best, but I just want to have a basic intro to at least start. Then the real "experts" here can perfect it all.

The internal links and cross-references aren't working yet. I will worry more about that once the main definitions are in place.

Mody/dek:
Can you please correct the spelling of "glosary" on the front page link as its breaking my links. Hope you don't mind, I named myself as the maintainer on the top of the page. :roll:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to write "16:9" as an internal link? If I write [[16:9]] it thinks that its a namespace.

A

Anonymous

try this : [[pagename|treat:me:right]]
There is an example in the playgrounds right now.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, the wiki pages seem to be down right now. I've been trying to look through the syntax pages. I'll try it when its back up.

A

Anonymous

Hi Forbes...

nice work... hope people will help you, me just entered some explanations

I've changed the 16:9 did you mean that?

the spelling is correct now!

a better Icon for hurting eyes: :shock:

lol

cu mody

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Just wanted to say thank you for the tremendous effort you put in your (our)glossary. Just realized how much you added again yesterday.
    This will be very helpful for me and many users.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

No problem, glad to be able to help in some way. I can't program, translate or skin design so its one of the few ways in which I can help.

There is a bit more to do, and in particular I would like to see some nice pictures to accompany some of the descriptions:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1808&highlight=

and for the descriptions to be a bit more MediaPortal orientated.

Just hope people can find it useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom