Windows 10 , upgrading from W7 (1 Viewer)

sykotik

Portal Member
February 26, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi all , not sure if this the right place to ask , as im new here so apologies if it's in the wrong place ,
anyways
i would like to know if it is possible to do a straight upgrade to W10 from W7 and not lose any of my settings ?
at the moment i have it set up all the paths from my two NAS drives and well as i have installing the LAV filters (which were a bugger to set up)
and i really don't want to set everything up again ,

so is it possible to just do the upgrade to W10 and still have all my settings , and carry using mediaportal with out any problems
thanks

sykotik

Portal Member
February 26, 2016
Home Country
Yes, hello! :)
hi Lisa , nice to see a friendly name hehe ,
going to have a read of that post above later or tomorrow , and try upgrading to W10 on Monday ( day off so will have time to try it)
if i run into any problems i will post back here ,
little bit off mediaportal topic , but i also use kodi on the same htpc , off the top of your head ( if you know ) will that work straight away after the upgrade , i have read a few things about it and it should be OK
no worries if that question can't be answered here , i think i should be ok

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good luck!

I know nothing about Kodi I'm afraid, I tried it about 4 years ago, or XBMC as it was then,
    When I was abandoning Windows Media Centre,
    But I preferred MediaPortal so switched to that and have been using it happily ever since!

sykotik

Portal Member
    February 26, 2016
    Home Country
    No worries ,
    like i say i give it go and see if all works , if there's any problems with MePo i'll ask in here
    cheers Lisag

sykotik

Portal Member
    February 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Well, done the upgrade to day and all went well , better than i thought it would of been , but everything is working as it should :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom