Windows 7 MCE and Floppy/FireDTV "C" (1 Viewer)

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello,

I have been a daily user of Mediaportal for about 2 years and I am eagerly waiting version 1.1 final. The news of Digital Everywhere closing struck me like many others. I got my hands on a Win7 beta last summer and asked Microsoft a beta licence code when it was possible, my copy is registered. I read that FireDTV and FloppyDTV cards are fully supported with the new drivers, and wanted to give it a go.

While MCE had been working fine (no TV) up to now, it suddenly won't start anymore, claiming a software restriction policy is the cause. I have set up no such restriction, and after googling around a bit, I found it is a very usual observation even with the released final Win7 version, and no specific cure for this error has been found. I tried all the tips and tricks mentionned in various forums to no avail.

This win7 machine is just for testing purposes, and I am not going to replace my well working MP HTPC for that. But still this puzzles me. Has anyone run into the same problem ? Found a solution ?

Lorenzo

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2007
    I don't have the problem, but some googling led me to this answer:

The following resolved the problem for me...

1. Start > Default Programs > Set Program Access and Default Programs > Custom > OK
    2. Then under "Chose a default media player" put a tick behind "Windows Media Center" in front of "Enable access to this program"
    3. Hit OK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom