Windows 7 - System Interrupts Causing Overload Spike in CPU (1 Viewer)

elvis56

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just the other day I was in Task Manager and noticed that my CPU usage was around 50%. I had no programs running and thought this was bizarre. After looking around it seems that it is something called System Interupts (deferred Procedure Call and Interupt Service Routines) that is causing this. Has anyone come across this b4? Not sure what needs to be done to fix it.

Intel CPUbDual Core E5200GHz @2.50GHz
2.00 GB Ram
32-bit Operating System
Windows 7 fresh install

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunately there isn't any way to find out what driver causes huge DPC spikes.

1) Disable all the devices that you can (video card for example might be something you "cannot" disable since you wouldn't see the results) - especially WLAN is a good starting point
    2) Try to update drivers

elvis56

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK after some fiddling around It seems to happen right after I come out of SLEEP Mode. Otherwise CPU is normal. IF I go into sleep mode and come out of it the CPU usage goes up to 50% and stays there unless I reboot. I had set the computer to go into SLEEP mode after 5 hours of inactivity.

Do You think I should take it off SLEEP and set it to something else after certain amount of inactivity?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@morpheus_xx If the bug you fixed was pushed to WIP 157 then it wasn't this issue. I just had another broadcast storm from a WIP 157 client.
    @morpheus_xx If the bug you fixed was pushed to WIP 157 then it wasn't this issue. I just had another broadcast storm from a WIP...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description This is a strange one. About two days ago the windows 7, 8.1, 10, 2012r2 and 2016 server...
    Replies
    Views
    Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-2-0-0-0-2015-03-26.130171/
    Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here...
    Google Code project | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to how we record tv shows without recording reruns? I know this is probably very basic but anywhere I post on the forum on this is met with a deafening silence. I am sure Mediaportal can do this easily since...
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to...
    I've been using MediaPortal for a few months, when I first took the plunge I struggled with understanding how to configure...
    Replies
    Views
    OK. Thanks. I will review them and give it a try.
    OK. Thanks. I will review them and give it a try.
    *** CONFIRMED WORKING WITH 1.1.0 RC2 *** *** Also read below for free atsc over comcast info *** I have seen several posts...
    Replies
    Views
    @etheesdad Add this to your guide 5x fan resistor $2.08 USD incl Worldwide P&P http://dx.com/p/3-pin-pc-cooling-fan-speed-noise-reduction-cable-5-piece-set-35818 Variable fan speed controller $2.49 USD incl Worldwide P&P http://dx.com/p/12w-variable-speed-controller-for-pc-cooling-fans-21320 Most of HTPC noise is related to...
    @etheesdad Add this to your guide 5x fan resistor $2.08 USD incl Worldwide P&P...
    INTRODUCTION The following is intended to provide a general introduction for those interested in building a silent HTPC.. The...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom