windows media player 11 issue (1 Viewer)

didilalalamp

Portal Member
October 3, 2007
it would be very apreciated to at least give choice to let MP work along WMP10 instead of WMP11 because actualy there is several issues with WMP11 VS many brands and model of mp3 players that are MTP device standard instead of let say :usb mass storage devices. Like my samsung player that is no longer corectly detected.It seams that the only good fix is to roll back to WMP10 witch does not go along with MP at all.MP is not at fault here it is just bad Microsoft software again and to my point bad manufacturers choice for mp3 player desing to make them so dependant of windows components.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There are directshow components MP requires from having WMP11 installed, they should normally be part of any windows dx update, but M$ in their wisdom, decided to put them in their player install instead, so we really are stuffed on this one.

:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

While this can be true to a small degree, you really are playing with fire when you start manually managing services like that. The print spooler is a perfect example of this; I used to run an RSS program on my HTPC that would format the RSS feeds for my torrent program - and it required the Print Spooler service to be running for it...
    While this can be true to a small degree, you really are playing with fire when you start manually managing services like that. The...
    I'm someone who wants to keep the mediacenter PC clean and thus have deactivated unnecessary services. Why would I need a printer...
    Replies
    Views
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to how we record tv shows without recording reruns? I know this is probably very basic but anywhere I post on the forum on this is met with a deafening silence. I am sure Mediaportal can do this easily since...
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to...
    I've been using MediaPortal for a few months, when I first took the plunge I struggled with understanding how to configure...
    Replies
    Views
    Low Profile VGA for HD Hi there, please help me choose VGA for my HTPC with HD support ... - PCI-E - Low profile MB: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00714567&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN CPU: Athlon64 AM2 X2 3800 RAM: 1,5GB 5300 VGA: nVidia Asus...
    Low Profile VGA for HD Hi there, please help me choose VGA for my HTPC with HD support ... - PCI-E - Low profile...
    Since there seems to be a huge amount of confusion on the subject I thought I'd start a thread dealing with system requirements for...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom