[confirm] Windows says tsreader crashed, but no interruption of MP (1 Viewer)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Several times recently, I have received a windows error box which says tsreader.ax has crashed. The box contains 3 options: close and look for solution on-line, debug, and close.

In today's case, I am sure there was no live-TV and no recording going on. (I was watching a previously recorded program.)

The program I was watching played just fine, and I did not notice when the error box came up. I started watching the show around 8:55 am, and I replied to the error about a half-hour later.

Attached is tsreader.log and mediaportal.log. I'm not sure what else you might need, but error.log is empty.

Attachments

• TsReader-2012-08-25.zip
    18.4 KB
  • MediaPortal.zip
    18.4 KB

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No I had not stopped play -- that's what's odd. I just happened to glance at the monitor and there was the Windows error while the video continued on the TV. When I responded to the error box, Windows killed tsreader.

I see things happening in the logs at around 8:55, when I started watching the video, and long before I responded to the error box.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just noticed - there are several blocks of exception errors in MediaPortal.log :

Code:
    2012-08-25 08:56:13.745605 [Info.][(108)]: render exception:System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
      at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
      at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
      at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

I don't know what this implies, but it's possible that TxReader.ax is the victim of something else going wrong.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you look in the Windows Application log (Control Panel -> Admin tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Log -> Application) and find when the error was actually generated (and post what the error message says) - then I can relate it to the TsReader log entries.

Also, can you attach a TsReader log for the channel when it's playing live - some of the timestamp/buffer logging data seems a bit weird, so I'd like to know if this is normal behaviour for that channel.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom