Winfast TV Dongle Dual Filter, Type unknown under MPTV server config. (1 Viewer)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello Chaps,

Could anyone please point me to the page that deals with this issue. I have checked device manager & my W8 machine is seeing the dongle fine. I have once deleted the driver & reinstalled it but once my machine is rebooted MP under TV Servers congif app & "my server" does not recognize the type of TV card I have, so I loose all my TV & radio channels. Is there a fix for this please? When it is working it names the card as Leadtek.

My machine is an Acer with AMD E-1200 APU with Radeon tm graphics 1.40ghz, 6 gb ram 64bit 1trb hard drive split in to 3, running windows 8.1

I was then asked by robbo100, "What is your tuner. Please post a link to its spec."

Unfortunately I do not know how to do that. It is a DTV 395, if that helps.

Since then I have uninstalled the driver & after much finikerty nonsense reinstalled the driver & suddenly just now my system can see the dongle & I have my channels back. It is when I reboot that MPTV Server config looses the identity of the card/dongle & I loose all my TV & radio channels. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

Now my dongle is seen but when I try to view TV it says all tuners busy.

I should mention I have posted this as well on the AV Forum, many of you know I am sure that robbo100 has done a superb UK focused MP setup guide ,

really hope someone has some idea,

Thanks,

Lacanox

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    What does it list if you restart the tvservice after the pc has fully loaded ?

And you will also need to post your logs :)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello it lists the winfast TV dongle dual tuner I will have to get back to you on the logs,

Thanks for your kind help

Lacanox

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    I have decided to purchase a new Hauppage dual dongle, I will let you know how that goes. And an aerial splitter amplifier thing so even though I have a good signal I only have 1 aerial out let & will need to split it.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok fair enough, the 395's do work fine though i have 3 of them myself.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    OH OK, then I will give it another go but not till next week now, far to much on, are you using Windows 8 with MP?,

thanks Wizard123

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    No problem, no i am staying on windows 7 as i personally hate win8 it's terrible. :D

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Just to let people know I have the system working fine now with this new acer computer & hauppage dual dongle tuner, but thank you to all the people who have offered kind support & help:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom