WIP- Help with a skinning problem (1 Viewer)

mrmattmc

Portal Member
April 27, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am working on a mod for black glass nova HD to enable Netflix navigation similar in style to moving pictures or tvseries. I have redirected the basic home button to the netflix screen and am busily rearraning the elements of the various views to emulate the style of the other plugins.

I could use some advise.

I would like to make it so that any time you click on title in filmstrip it either goes to movie details in the case of a movie or goes to listview in the case of a tvshow.

I would like to do the same for the thumbnail panel.

The problem is this. When you choose a tv show in filmstrip or iconview MP displays filmstrip or thumbnails loaded with identical icons that is fairly useless. However the same info when presented in list view is usable.

Any ideas would be appreciated. And kudos upfront to the My Netflix guys and the Black Glass folks for putting out some great stuff for people like me muck up the code in. :)

The attached screenshots show the direction I am going. A few of the screens are still needing some final stylizing to be done. The big problem remains navigation behavior. You can see the problem in the shots below labeled unusable. Ideally any time you click on a series from filmstrip or thumbnail panel it will take you to the listview-preferred as in the screenshot below.

I have been looking and looking for the control that makes all movie entries go directly to details where series entries go to the unusable screens without any luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have included the modded xmls for anyone who want to root around in them.

M

Attachments

• filmstrip.jpg
    filmstrip.jpg
    522.5 KB
  • filmstripunusable.jpg
    filmstripunusable.jpg
    521.1 KB
  • homebasic.jpg
    homebasic.jpg
    438.6 KB
  • largeicon.jpg
    largeicon.jpg
    603.8 KB
  • largeiconunusable.jpg
    largeiconunusable.jpg
    645.7 KB
  • listview.jpg
    listview.jpg
    378.9 KB
  • listview-preferred view.jpg
    listview-preferred view.jpg
    415 KB
  • moviedetail.jpg
    moviedetail.jpg
    514 KB
  • common.facade.background2.xml
    2.7 KB
  • common.window2.xml
    702 bytes
  • MyNetFlix.facade.xml
    4.9 KB
  • MyNetFlix.xml
    15.8 KB
  • MyNetFlixDetails.xml
    8.3 KB

mrmattmc

Portal Member
April 27, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Notepad and the myrefresh plugin. Two monitors helps. You need to install the myrefresh plugin, get the MyNetflix xml's in the skin directory for avalon. Then load my netflix. It will probably be screwy looking. Then open the various my netflix xml's and start adjusting the x and y positions for various elements. Hit the refresh key and before you know it you will start moving stuff around. Next start adjusting the height and width for same. Now you have the ability to do basic edits. Have fun.

If you install the purehd plugin it has some better netflix xml's to start with. They having the working code in them for the backgrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom