wireless pc to tv sender Marmitek (1 Viewer)

butterflies

Portal Member
December 12, 2007
http://www.vego.nl/marmitek_multimedia/marmitek_pc_to_tv_sender/marmitek_pc_to_tv_sender.htm

It would be ideal if you want to have your Media Center in the room next door. Just I have my doubts about the performance. Would I be able to transfer heavy avi files like this? The supplier says Xvid is possible but those are not so heavy as avi (captured from camcorder) and what about HD material? Does somebody have experience with this sender under the link?

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have some experience of something like that and I dont think that they are so good, because everything thats wireless in your home will disturbe them and so will the microwave oven to.
Thats just what I think.

/Juppe

butterflies

Portal Member
December 12, 2007
OK thanks! I will think it over. It might be a better solution to purchase PC Control Remote from Marmitek and connect the pc with the televisionset with a wire. How about that? But then how do I control my IR devices?

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello butterflies,

I use a clone of the Marmitek remote control (Qsonic 6in1) which sends RF and IR (and can even learn IR commands). I have my MediaCenter PC in the room under my TV, connected via a S-Video cable. Currently this works quite fine for me. However I'm yet worrying how I will solve the issue when I move towards HDTV. A HDMI-plug doesn't fit through the ductwork...

regs

butterflies

Portal Member
    December 12, 2007
    Hello butterflies,

I use a clone of the Marmitek remote control (Qsonic 6in1) which sends RF and IR (and can even learn IR commands). I have my MediaCenter PC in the room under my TV, connected via a S-Video cable. Currently this works quite fine for me. However I'm yet worrying how I will solve the issue when I move towards HDTV. A HDMI-plug doesn't fit through the ductwork...

regs

I just ordered a pc control remote from Marmitek. Later I will move to some more fancy remote. This will do for a while. I am just now building a media center, based on Mediaportal. I have no clue yet about the connections there will be between my 'old' notebook and my new lcd. How should I connect those? The computer doesn't have HDMI and s-video will not give the optimal results, I suppose. Should I connect the tv as a monitor? Sound goes to a receiver anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom