Wma With Drm (1 Viewer)

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Now we can download wma audio file with DRM in a free and legal way :) (DOWNLOVERS - L'originale non ha prezzo)

Is possible to listen WMA/DRM file with Mediaportal, or is necessary to use WMP11??
    I try, with WMP11 is all OK (but i don't like it), with MP the files don't start.
    Thanks
    massimo

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There is NO way for MP to play DRM protected files, since being an OPenSource project, we won't get the necessary certificates.
    You need to use WMP or iTunes for that.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    that is the evil that is DRM. either un-DRM them or better still get them from somewhere that doesn't put DRM on (I know, no where elese to get them free and legal:( ).

by the way, that site has a notice that it is only available to residents of Italy, San mareno and Vatican city

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is NO way for MP to play DRM protected files, since being an OPenSource project, we won't get the necessary certificates.
    You need to use WMP or iTunes for that.

This is not completely accurate. If you use winamp as the MP music player, you can play drm'd files. Look in the the config app. Unfortunately, you lose all of the BASS player goodness. Also, besides being open source, which we could get around by making a closed portion of the mediaplayer, there is a very large fee for being certified. So large that we wouldn't be able to raise it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom