Not open for further replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the time of the Inquisition, @ge2301 would have been a good torture slave. His information is the purest torture. :) To know, MP2 and the themes are almost finished but no real time know ... Real tormenting ...;)
    Actually it's part of the strategy. Joy and pain are close to each other ;) Well, main target is to make users aware what is going to happen and also making some advertisement.
    There will be a test version soon, it's mainly about some issues with the MIA rework, that need to be solved at first.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    So the skin is beautiful. Really nice job @ge2301 !

I know its all pre release so I can't expect it to be perfect, but I think some of the fonts are a bit too big, especially the tv guide. Is there an easy way I can reduce the size by editing a file?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20161229_193921.jpg
      20161229_193921.jpg
      2.1 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So the skin is beautiful. Really nice job @ge2301 !

I know its all pre release so I can't expect it to be perfect, but I think some of the fonts are a bit too big, especially the tv guide. Is there an easy way I can reduce the size by editing a file?

Thank you
    In original WMC skin font size is even larger. I think for readability it's good.
    But of course it's possible to adjust the size. I'll take a look and update this post, so check once again later please.

Edit: you can change it here:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../themes/default/styles/SlimTvStyles.xaml#L972
    Exchange SmallerFontSize with TinyFontSize or exchange {ThemeResource SmallerFontSize} by a value, e.g. 18 and you can adjust it until you like the result.

Last edited:

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    I think it just feels big because i have the guide set to 10 or 11 rows. If i change it to 8 the writing seems to fit better because all the grid elements are bigger, but once you crank up the number of rows everything starts to get squashed in making the text size feel overly large. Perhaps there's a way to have the text auto-shrink when the number of guide rows is increased? (anything over 11 rows and the text doesn't fit in the boxes at all and starts to get cut off.)

Your help as always is very much appreciated! :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it just feels big because i have the guide set to 10 or 11 rows. If i change it to 8 the writing seems to fit better because all the grid elements are bigger, but once you crank up the number of rows everything starts to get squashed in making the text size feel overly large. Perhaps there's a way to have the text auto-shrink when the number of guide rows is increased? (anything over 11 rows and the text doesn't fit in the boxes at all and starts to get cut off.)

Your help as always is very much appreciated! :)
    You're welcome.
    An auto fitting with regard to font size is surely possible somehow, but quite complicated to achieve in xaml language. in #C it will cost perhaps only 3 lines, but it's not used for skins and it's not worth to ask a dev writing a model for that.
    I'll take a look when I'm back from vacation. I need to consider also limits. Too large or small font sizes make also no sense.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Anthony Parry how did you get the tv logos without the grey background? I'm really interested, because the logo manager should place the ugly grey background automatically. I like it much more as you have it.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    @Anthony Parry how did you get the tv logos without the grey background? I'm really interested, because the logo manager should place the ugly grey background automatically. I like it much more as you have it.

Those grey background logos really are ugly!

I created all of my logos myself - all of them are transparent PNG files so no need for ugly backgrounds!

I will probably upload the set i've created at some point, as UK users may find them useful, but at the moment only about half are in the rectangle shape for MP2 with the other half still being square as per MP1 standards. So maybe once i've got around to finishing them all in the right shape!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    , because the logo manager should place the ugly grey background automatically
    LogoManager is capable of using different backgrounds. This would need to be added to the code, maybe even with a choice of different backgrounds.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Those grey background logos really are ugly!

I created all of my logos myself - all of them are transparent PNG files so no need for ugly backgrounds!
    LogoManager is capable of using different backgrounds. This would need to be added to the code, maybe even with a choice of different backgrounds.
    There is already an easy way to customize all logos by simple editing of a XML file located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs\Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max.logotheme.

This file is a list of "effects" that can be applied to every single online logo. I.e. if you remove all effects there, you will get the plain, transparent logo. Or you can exchange background, blur and drop shadow values by your taste.

Only thing that is not yet prepared it to have multiple themes that can be chosen from inside settings

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This file is a list of "effects" that can be applied to every single online logo. I.e. if you remove all effects there, you will get the plain, transparent logo. Or you can exchange background, blur and drop shadow values by your taste.
    Can this be done "after the fact"?

Only thing that is not yet prepared it to have multiple themes that can be chosen from inside settings
    Something to consider for the future.;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom