Not open for further replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this @ge2301 - tried changing this, but it only affects the Channel name in the guide and not the programme names. So I can get the channel names to the perfect size, but thats all. is there another line that can be changed for the rest of the grid.
    Sure, I can only mark one line, because no PC here.
    Please change all lines from the marking until line 1002: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../themes/default/styles/SlimTvStyles.xaml#L994

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Awwwwsome!!! Finally it's out. Just finished the download and installed WMC skin.
    It's really as great as in the screenshots. Thanks @ge2301 and @Brownard (I think he is the one who made the magic in the background :))

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Most of you have most probably realized, that the WMC skin is out together with the MP2.1 Release.
    Though it's the most advanced skin for MP2 from my point of view (It was build together with the MIA rework) it's not finalized completely. Your feedbacks are highly appreciated to make it great! Just keep in mind it's a WMC skin, so the look and feel can not be changed ;)
    I already prepared a wiki page with all the basics for the WMC skin.
    Please take a look here first in case of unclear points: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wi...bile?contentId=17825794#content/view/17825794

For any further questions I'm open any time :) Enjoy the skin.

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Most of you have most probably realized, that the WMC skin is out together with the MP2.1 Release.
    Though it's the most advanced skin for MP2 from my point of view (It was build together with the MIA rework) it's not finalized completely. Your feedbacks are highly appreciated to make it great! Just keep in mind it's a WMC skin, so the look and feel can not be changed ;)
    I already prepared a wiki page with all the basics for the WMC skin.
    Please take a look here first in case of unclear points: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wi...bile?contentId=17825794#content/view/17825794

For any further questions I'm open any time :) Enjoy the skin.

"...cannot be changed..." ....good call, because of the simplicity of this skin is one of the most user friendly (specially wife) out there...but I'm sure we can have a Black version of the skin...please...? :) ...never liked the blue background version and always used the black mod on WMC...installing MP2 tonight to try this skin...thank you for the "conversion" efforts...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "...cannot be changed..." ....good call, because of the simplicity of this skin is one of the most user friendly (specially wife) out there...but I'm sure we can have a Black version of the skin...please...? :) ...never liked the blue background version and always used the black mod on WMC...installing MP2 tonight to try this skin...thank you for the "conversion" efforts...
    I was also thinking of a black version. I might add it after current skin is finalized.
    There are efforts, because the buttons etc need to be exchanged and I've to create those first.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are efforts, because the buttons etc need to be exchanged and I've to create those first.
    Yep, this are the drawbacks of "raster only" images vs. vector based ones ;)
    But your designed buttons look better on the other hand :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, this are the drawbacks of "raster only" images vs. vector based ones ;)
    But your designed buttons look better on the other hand :)
    Definitely agree. Once the image crop bug is gone and edges are smoother (DX11?) I can go back to vector based ones ;)

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hello :)

I broke my leg on new year's day, so i'm stuck at home and watching a lot of TV :(

Good news is that i'm finding that the WMC skin is beautiful to use and the customisation options are great. One thing ive added to the main menu is a 'Now playing' option using the TV Fullscreen option. I'm sure that this is something that WMC had on the main menu when something was playing. I think it would be good to have this included within the skin defaults - I don't know of the possibility of this only appearing when some media is playing like it did in WMC? Also when added to the main page it has no image in the square, how easy is it to add an image to be linked to this menu option (EDIT: Worked this out; created an image and used the long name associated with the function ass the file name just like the other menu images), or perhaps even display the currently playing video within the box?

Also i've been playing around with the background images as i prefer darker backgrounds when navigating the menus (I used to use various themer programs to do this within WMC also). I kept changing the background_epg image, but it had no effect on the EPG page. I took a look in the slimtvfullguide file and saw it was pointing to background_gridview.png - i amended it to the EPG file and it worked fine. I'm not sure whether this is intentional or not?

Also the changing of the font size in the file works perfectly, can now fit plenty of rows and 3 hours of EPG into the screen and it looks amazing!

Thank you for your help and the hard work on the skin!

Attachments

• 20170105_154641416_iOS.jpg
      20170105_154641416_iOS.jpg
      1.2 MB
    • 20170105_154927036_iOS.jpg
      20170105_154927036_iOS.jpg
      2 MB
    • Image1.png
      Image1.png
      2.5 MB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I kept changing the background_epg image, but it had no effect on the EPG page. I took a look in the slimtvfullguide file and saw it was pointing to background_gridview.png - i amended it to the EPG file and it worked fine. I'm not sure whether this is intentional or not?
    It's correct. The background_epg image is just used in case background fanarts are disabled. The background_grid is semitransparent in upper part.
    Apart from lot of bugfixes the EPG is also slightly overworked compared to 2.1 Pre Release. I'll show updates in the new forum part for WMC skin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom