WMC Skin full screen/EPG (1 Viewer)

Pete4000uk

Portal Member
May 27, 2018
England England
Country flag
Please be gentle, I'm a noob :unsure:

For relative ease of use, I'm using the WMC skin for TV on my PC. However, when I maximize the window I still have the top windows bar and my task bar too. Is there anyway I can get rid of these?

Also, when i'm in the EPG when I first start up, how do I select the channel I want and get it to play? I somehow manage to get it going but only after pressing a load of buttons!

Thanks

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Please be gentle, I'm a noob :unsure:

For relative ease of use, I'm using the WMC skin for TV on my PC. However, when I maximize the window I still have the top windows bar and my task bar too. Is there anyway I can get rid of these?

Also, when i'm in the EPG when I first start up, how do I select the channel I want and get it to play? I somehow manage to get it going but only after pressing a load of buttons!

Thanks
    Go to the settings and select "fullscreen" or use mouse. Press the green marked button, not the red one:
    upload_2018-5-27_23-15-7.png

If your windows looks like below. First press the green marked button, then do what is shown above:
    upload_2018-5-27_23-16-21.png

Regarding EPG, I'm not so sure which EPG you see. Is it the one with time axis vs. channels?
    If yes it is probably empty. You need to fill it first with information. Please check the WIKI for that.

However, even there is no content, just go to the channel of your interest and press "ok" on the empty content, the TV-Channel with start.
    If you have detailed questions it's always good to show a screenshot or picture taken with mobile phone.

Last edited:

Pete4000uk

Portal Member
    May 27, 2018
    England England
    Country flag
    Hello and thanks for your reply.

When the program first starts up, you have the choice of 'TV' and 'TV guide'. Clicking on the channel or the current program doesn't do anything, right clicking and selecting 'watch now' doesn't work either. :s

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello and thanks for your reply.

When the program first starts up, you have the choice of 'TV' and 'TV guide'. Clicking on the channel or the current program doesn't do anything, right clicking and selecting 'watch now' doesn't work either. :s
    In this case you have a general problem. You did already configure the tuner according to the WIKI manual and see channels in TV-Setup?
    If yes, please attach your log files, so we can see what is happening on your PC. You have a LogCollector icon on your desktop for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    D [fixed] Image browser crashing in Folder View (WMC skin) 2.2 Archive 10
    N Migrating from WMC Newcomers Forum 43
    T [solved] Coming from WMC and completely lost General 6
    P WMC on Windows 7 migrating to Media Portal on Windows 10 Newcomers Forum 5
    1 [Pending] Feature Request: TV-Recording - more intelligence - like WMC please Feature Requests 9
    B [MP2-744] WMC home content focus improvements Archive 55
    Rob Hexenmeister Quick question - skinning MyPics General Support 7
    ajs [Info] Pre 0.7 Beta - MPExtended, WebMP, Bootstrap skin by ajs - Hard way MPExtended 352
    S Touchscreen skin? MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    azzuro [fixed] 5011: Version label in Splash screen - pos, size from skin MediaPortal 1 61
    catavolt [WiP] When changing theme in my skins, I always get this error message in logs MediaPortal 1 9
    joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
    V Skin With Menu Editor MediaPortal 1 Skins 13
    wizard123 New Skin Template ? MediaPortal 2 8
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latest Media Handler - skinning buttons Fanart Handler 19
    CyberSimian [solved] MP1-4976 Built-in skin variables for current date MediaPortal 1 8
    Mr6686 [solved] Titan skin broken since update to 1.23 Installation, configuration support 6
    doskabouter Skin question Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 1
    Y Titan Skin unter 1.23 nicht mehr so schön Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    framug 1.22.0 BasicHome Editor settings for DefaultWide HD skin not kept when update 1.22 3
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 5
    ajs [fixed] 4936 - Strange behavior of the font in the skin MediaPortal 1 35
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latests Media Handler - Skinning an updating window or control Fanart Handler 26