WMC Skin full screen/EPG

Discussion in 'Skins and Design' started by Pete4000uk, May 27, 2018.

1. Pete4000uk

Pete4000uk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Please be gentle, I'm a noob :unsure:

For relative ease of use, I'm using the WMC skin for TV on my PC. However, when I maximize the window I still have the top windows bar and my task bar too. Is there anyway I can get rid of these?

Also, when i'm in the EPG when I first start up, how do I select the channel I want and get it to play? I somehow manage to get it going but only after pressing a load of buttons!

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,390 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Go to the settings and select "fullscreen" or use mouse. Press the green marked button, not the red one:
    upload_2018-5-27_23-15-7.png

If your windows looks like below. First press the green marked button, then do what is shown above:
    upload_2018-5-27_23-16-21.png

Regarding EPG, I'm not so sure which EPG you see. Is it the one with time axis vs. channels?
    If yes it is probably empty. You need to fill it first with information. Please check the WIKI for that.

However, even there is no content, just go to the channel of your interest and press "ok" on the empty content, the TV-Channel with start.
    If you have detailed questions it's always good to show a screenshot or picture taken with mobile phone.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  4. Pete4000uk

Pete4000uk Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Hello and thanks for your reply.

When the program first starts up, you have the choice of 'TV' and 'TV guide'. Clicking on the channel or the current program doesn't do anything, right clicking and selecting 'watch now' doesn't work either. :s

5. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,390 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    In this case you have a general problem. You did already configure the tuner according to the WIKI manual and see channels in TV-Setup?
    If yes, please attach your log files, so we can see what is happening on your PC. You have a LogCollector icon on your desktop for that.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!