[TV] Workaround for LockedInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal (1 Viewer)

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Started on: 2011-11-09
    last update: 2006-11-09

Summary:

Workaround for dvb: LockedInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal could be second/third/etc. tune attempts.

Area:

TV Server

Description:

While selecting a channel on a different satellite I always get an error that there is no signal and I noticed that there are several posts with the same issue. In TV logs this looks like dvb: LockedInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal, and usually the second attempt to tune the same channel is OK.

Therefore the suggestion is to allow another tune attempt in case of failure and allow user to define number of such attempts in TV Server config. For sure this may be just temporary solution but will help in practice.

PS: I've recently tested my setup with Gibman's stress test and had only 3-5 failures out of about 400 tunes for each run (each run was on different sat since I am using diseqc motor + 2 lnbs) and in the same time I cannot switch to another sat from the first attempt while watching TV (tune timeout of 30 sec. does not help). Also should admit that in some runs TV Server was down just after 20-30 tunes:confused:.
    Anyway good tests make me hope that this is not just my setup issue.

Many thanks if someone could implement this.

Regards,

MaxT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom