working on new MP Upnp Renderer process plugin (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Euuuuh, well, this plugin is only to stream music, video's, and pictures from your smartphone or tablet to Mediaportal.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok, so I setup my portable to send a Pixar Short movie to my MP 1.6.0 machine Bugsbunny that was on the Home screen.
    When Gremlin started the send, MP1 Auto Started the video....
    Also grabbed another netstat and boy does this open up some connections
    I think the part of the MP1 Client log you might be looking for starts at
    [2013-12-24 07:59:38,764] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: Begin starting 'UPNP_RendererPlugin.MP_UpnpRenderer'

EDIT: forgot to add it did not start the first time....

Attachments

• netstat_test.txt
      12.2 KB

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    I had a quick search and did not find anything in the way of Airplay support. Can or will this plugin support Airplay? If not does anyone know of a bridge between Airplay to UPnP?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've tried to get this to work, but I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do to play stuff from my iPhone/iPad in MediaPortal? Are only local files supported, or should YouTube playback for example, and if so, can someone suggest an app for Apple devices that works?

Emph

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had a quick search and did not find anything in the way of Airplay support. Can or will this plugin support Airplay? If not does anyone know of a bridge between Airplay to UPnP?

Read this from the topicstart:

"This is a process plugin for Mediaportal to send your music, video or pictures from your handy, tablet, pc or any other upnp controller device to Mediaportal. You can comfortable browse the media files on your Upnp Server (e.g. your PC or NAS). You can play the selected mediafiles at mediaportal by using the "playTo" or "Throw" function from your upnp device (e.g. a tablet or handy)."

IIRC, Airplay IS UpNP.. But only for Apple devices.. With this plugin, you can sent almost every picture, music and video file from you phone/tablet to MediaPortal, and control it with your MediaPortal remote control.

I've tried to get this to work, but I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do to play stuff from my iPhone/iPad in MediaPortal? Are only local files supported, or should YouTube playback for example, and if so, can someone suggest an app for Apple devices that works?

Emph

Hi Emp,

Personally, I'm an Android user, and I'm using this app on my phone and tablet. This is a kind of player. When I start a video on my phone/tablet, I'm getting a dialog menu where I can select the player I want to use. When I click on the UpNP player, The player is searching my local network for availible UpNP renderers and it find MediaPortal as compatible renderer and it will play the video I have found on FaceBook, Youtube, or any local mediafile from my phone/tablet right to MediaPortal.. Is't working really well!

I think it will be a little bit harder to get it to work with iOS, as Apple is not as open as Android. I don't know if it is possible to install a different videoplayer by example.. I would say; search in the Appstore to 'UpNP' and see what you get! :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would say; search in the Appstore to 'UpNP' and see what you get! :)

Yeah, I did do that, but the app doesn't "see" Mediaportal, just my NAS and my AVR. I don't get the installation process of the plugin, I guess. :unsure:

Emph

Hi Emph,

look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UPnP_AV_media_servers_and_clients#iOS Maybe it's helpfull! :) I found this by example:

http://ttltheory.wordpress.com/allsharetv/

Please let us know! I have added allready some info to the topicstart.. If you find a good way to make this happend with iOS I will add that too :)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    I see the in XBMC they have Airplay enabled. Is someone able to have a look at how this is done and port to MediaPortal? I am very surprised that AirPlay is not supported in MediaPortal given the share amount of iOS devices out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom