Working with .ISO files in MP (1 Viewer)

miracleboy

July 20, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well I thought I would post this as I've been reading around a lot and haven't found the complete solution - hoping it's going to be added to MP in some future release.

Basically I have some .ISO files which are rips of my DVDs which I wanted to add into MyMovies - but there are 3 problems I found.

1) Adding .ISO to the movie extension list picks them up in MP but it does not add them to the database.
2) Even when added to the database manually the cover art does not show up.
3) When all this is done the movie shows up as filename.iso in MP screens, not just the movie name.

All of these might be something I am doing wrong of course, but I found a work around process to help with 1) and 2) but not with 3).

So the process I use in case it will help anyone else is;

1) Rename the iso file from filename.iso to filename.avi.
2) Scan the folder, this will add the movie to the database.
3) Rename the iso file back from filename.avi to filename.iso.
4) Go to Movie Poster Awards - All the Latest Movie Posters and find the poster for the movie.
5) Right click it and save as a jpg to the folder with your .iso in, with the same name (i.e. filename.jpg).

This should now mean that the movie is added to the database and all the IMDB stuff is downloaded, and you will also have a cover for the filmstrip view. If I can just fix 3) I am there, it might be a parsing thing I don't have setup?

Hope this helps someone.

MB

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Mediaportal has daemontools support, there should be a tab for it in the config.

miracleboy

July 20, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes it does, and it works for playing ISOs but it does not resolve any of the problems above for me, even when setup properly.

mogge

Portal Member
October 2, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes it does, and it works for playing ISOs but it does not resolve any of the problems above for me, even when setup properly.

Bumping this thread. I have the exact same problem, and haven't been able to find a solution yet.
Running MP 1.0 RC3 with no SVN's.

b34r

Portal Member
August 22, 2007
bump from me too...

(and killing my own thread... my search-force is obviously broken)

found the solution
Select the option "Every movie has it's own directory" then the coverimages works
seems like .img and .iso is treated as dirs .... odd

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If your files are movies I would recommend checking out the moving pictures plugin if you haven't all ready.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Also using Movingpictures plugin - Works almost perfect with ISO files.

Greatest movie database i have seen until now.

mikelebron

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    I have no issues with ISOs if you add it as an extension under the Movies config... BUUUTTTT... it only works if you have Daemon tools.. Daemon tools is like a virus in your system... Virtual CloneDrive is much more stable and mounts much quicker... my question is when is Virtual CloneDrive going to be supported native to the core product... I found a plugin BUT its so old and the developer modified some core files that if replaced negate the feature...

This needs to be part of the core product...

Dodgy Bob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    All I do with my .iso images is mount them with daemon tools or whatever and then copy the video and audio folders out into a folder on my hard disk, I then delete the .iso.

The resultant dir. takes up the same amount of space as the .iso but is recognised perfectly by MP and all it's plug-ins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom