WorldNews plugin v1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi @Micropolis,

Thanks for this new plugin.. It's a great replacement for the old infoservice plugin. (y)

Here is an alpha version for TITANIUS. (Only liststyle is working fine currently) thumb an filmstrip view will follow later. I think it will work fine with Titan aswell.

I have a couple of questions about the plugin:

-There are no feed images visible while I'm able to see them in InfoService.. I have tried different sites like nu.nl and hardware.info. Only the default RSS feed image is showing up everytime.. Should this allready been working in latest test version?

-In the manual you're talking about a "expert settings" option, but it is not visible in the version I have installed.. (0.8.1) is this not ready yet? Or do I need to configure something..

-There is a small mistake in the English language file "Do you really want to chnage the news?"

Cheers!

Attachments

• WorldNews.xml
      10.7 KB
    • strings_nl.xml
      1.2 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello powermarcel10, catavolt,
    ... There are no feed images visible while I'm able to see them in InfoService.. I have tried different sites like nu.nl and hardware.info. Only the default RSS feed image is showing up everytime...
    Please post the complete feed URL here, then I'm able to debug the web response in a effective way.

... In the manual you're talking about a "expert settings" option...
    To enable the expert settings, all of my plugins follow the same way: Hold the Shift key and press the "Config" button simultaneously to activate the tab. After that you are able to configure expert settings, the option "Show this tab by default" allows you to activate it permanently.

... There is a small mistake in the English language file "Do you really want to chnage the news? ...
    I will correct this typo with the next version.

Thank you for skin and language files, best regards
    Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here are the 'final' skinfiles for Titan and TITANIUS. All views are working now.

If you find any issues with the skinfile, please report them here to keep this thread clean.

Cheers,
    Marcel

Attachments

• listview.jpg
      listview.jpg
      534.1 KB
    • thumbview.jpg
      thumbview.jpg
      452.9 KB
    • filmstrip view.jpg
      filmstrip view.jpg
      494.4 KB
    • WorldNews.xml
      15.5 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alex, I wondered why I often get difficulties while starting WorldNews :oops:
    Now I encountered the reason: MailTipOverlay and WorldNews have the same ID 7979 making MP a bit unstable.
    Please correct this as soon as you have time ;)
    In the meantime I attach the latest PVHD 1080 skin for Worldnews ;)

Attachments

• WorldNews.xml
      11.7 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,
    ... Now I encountered the reason: MailTipOverlay and WorldNews have the same ID 7979 making MP a bit unstable ...
    Do you have seen the important comment regarding MediaTip (not MailTip!) here? Please update MediaTipOverlay.xml to the proposed ID.

Thank you for the skin files,
    Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom