WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (7 Viewers)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.1.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Yes it works as expected when the skin files are in Default wide with Windows XP.

Thanks Micropolis.

BigB42078

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country

Mine doesn't look like the previews. Plus I checked for updates, it shows there is an update but I don't know how to use it. Great work though, good to hear someone is working on it. Look forward to it being integrated and supported by the other skins and providers.

Did you see this in my other post, don't know if it helps

Been doing a little research about yahoo's weather. Most people complaining about only 2 day forecast. But found this in the yahoo developer forum.

This only works for US, but somebody outside the US may be able to figure out how to get the international working

Yahoo! Weather - Error (replace x's with zipcode) and paste in console for full code YQL Console.

Maybe this will help somebody. Oh yeah notice the provided by The Weather Channel

Attachments

• WWP_Default-Wide.jpg
    WWP_Default-Wide.jpg
    109.7 KB
  • WWP_Default.jpg
    WWP_Default.jpg
    74 KB
  • WWP_Update.jpg
    WWP_Update.jpg
    135.1 KB

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006

Thanks for this plug in.
    No cities around me seem to work, how can I test directly on google to find which cities work?(the search engine does not help)
    thanks

I tried Brisbane / brisbane AU / brisbane QLD / brisbane australia and nothing comes up

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country

I sent World Weather Online an email this morning and this is their reply

Question:
    Mediaportal an open source media center has recently lost it's weather feature do to TWC pulling their free .api. Do you offer this service through WWO? What are the limitations if any, for example number of hits per day? I know XBMC has recently added you as a provider, do they have any limitations?

Reply:
    World Weather Online Team
    NOV 19, 2011 | 11:11PM GMT
    Hi,

We do offer such functionality. You may register for an API Key and start using it. XBMC are going to provide us proper credit and we have agreed to provide them with up to 2,000 request/hour as free.

Abraham
    World Weather Online Team
    World Weather Online - Global weather forecast and weather content provider

World Weather Online is part of Zoomash Forecast and DigiTech Pvt. Ltd.

I also contacted a few others with the same question don't know whether to post here or somewhere else?

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.1.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Well that is not nice, you pay for but still are limited. 2000 per hour sounds a lot at first but on the second thought it might be pretty little or am I wrong?

resa

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    the sunny side.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I think in this case "credit" does not means there was money given. I think they implemented an icon/banner/link within xbmc.

Understanding "credit" here like the list of names at the end of a Film ;)

But indeed, 2000 axxs/hour sounds pretty low. With this deal every MePo-User get's his actual wheather once every 2 or 3 weeks?

Sounds better to play in lottery xD

regards
    resa

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PureVisionHD (16:9)

Here are the skin files for PVHD(Blue) skins, the string file for German, and screenshots.
    Enjoy :D
    EDIT: Files removed due to new version. Actual files and screenshots can be found here

Asca

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2011
    Germany

I need the skin for Steamedmp and german

anyone can help me
    my wife are is very bad to me. she needs some wether

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.1.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I believe in this case "proper credit" means they want credit where credit is due. The "provided by World Weather Online" and their icon, somewhere visible on the page being viewed. So everyone knows that WWO is the one responsible for bringing them this information. Notice the free "2,000 request/hour as free". If you look at XBMC's weather pages you can clearly see WWO is the provider, hope I can post these.

I would think 2,000 per hour is a decent number, the weather doesn't really change that much during the day. It can be programmed to cache the info, so it doesn't hit the server every time you look up the weather. Can be adjusted to allow whatever traffic MP makes. Plus if multiple providers are given, which I hope there will be. Doesn't have to be right now, but time allowing for the coders. You would just have to change the provider that's being used, hopefully within MP and not MP Configuration.

Thanks Micropolis and anyone else that might work on this in the future, the weather feature is a big deal and one of the things I like to show off when showing people my Mediaportal setup.:D

Attachments

• 800px-New_weather1.png
      800px-New_weather1.png
      139.4 KB
    • New_weather4.jpg
      New_weather4.jpg
      117.1 KB
    • screenshot000uf.jpg
      screenshot000uf.jpg
      407.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom