WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    World Weather is displaying constant current temp... no change over 2 days and night (51 F). Same issue in all skins I've tried, on both single seat and client. The daily temp range (high/low) seems to display correctly.

I just upgraded to MP 1.8.0 and current compatible version from MP Extention InstallerI.

I am away from the computer on holiday for 3 days, so can't post logs (sorry)

Chuck

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @2BitSculptor,

...World Weather is displaying constant current temp... no change over 2 days and night (51 F)...
    the core code of WorldWeather was not changed since more than 6 month. I expect, that the described problem is a provider issue and could not solved by me.
    If the problem comes up again, please check the weather information of your provider (maybe using a website) and/or follow the troubleshooting steps described in the appropriate manual.

Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to support the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.9.0. In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please note the following information:
    • due to architectural changes in the core libraries, all plugins must be updated simultaneously
    • internal update mechanism has been changed with this version, the old way should work until end of October 2014 only
    • WeatherBug has been removed now, because this provider has changed the API completely and does not offer any free weather information anymore
    • Open Weather Map has been added as a new weather provider, please configure the plugin in case you want use it
    • some provider images has been changed/added/removed, please prepare your skin to support the correct images
    Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the well known places an updated version of WorldWeather.
    Due to API changes of the weather provider Yr.No it could be possible that hourly forecast display problems can be occurred, this version supports the new API version 1.2 now.

Cheers, Micropolis

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After updating I get the error: "Invalid or empty city name/code defined".
    Checking logs or peeking around in the config doesn't give me a hint about what exactly is missing.

Didn't change anything in the config, I've got my provider key from Foreca, Current and Forecast provider are Yahoo, Hour condition is wetter.com and the rest is Weather underground.
    I've got one profile with City code "*731871" which (as said) hasn't changed since the update, and the rest of the profiles is "empty". What could be wrong here?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello doskabouter,
    some questions before analyzing the issue in a debug session:
    • "After updating..." to which version?
    • Which weather conditions (now, forecast, hour) you can't see if you open WorldWeather?
    • Do you fulfill necessary parameter requirements (see chapter 5 "Provider Comparison") for all of your selected weather providers?
    • Do you have tried some of the provided troubleshooting steps?
    • Can you please post your profile here or via personal message?
    Micropolis

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    - Updated from 1.5.something to 1.6.1.0
    - I can see current and forecast (daily), but not hourly (Don't know how/when it should be displayed though)
    - No, not yet :shame:
    - No, not yet :shame:
    - I'll do that after checking params and troubleshooting steps.

I was just curious how an update could cause this...
    And perhaps an idea for coming versions: provide something in the log on the source of the error.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello doskabouter,
    ... but not hourly (Don't know how/when it should be displayed though)...

Thx, under these circumstances I must debug the wetter.com API call for myself, because the troubleshooting steps cannot be provided (see chapter 12.2.2). Please post your entered city name or the profile.

EDIT: In case your entered city name is "Nederwetten" in the Netherlands (which is the city name behind Yahoo WOEID 731871), I've got hourly condition information for the next 24 hours during my debug session.

Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom