WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I think that ltfearme's suggestion is a good one - you will probably need to do your own conversion on this field. If user selects Celsius and wind contains mph then do conversion to km/h. If they choose Fahrenheit then keep as mph.

Would be nice if both configurable separately, I'm a Celsius\MPH user myself ;)

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I am using v0.3.0 and everything seems to be working fine except for:

The sunrise and sunset times are late by one hour - probably because we (Eastern Australia) are currently in Daylight Saving Time and this is not being taken into account?

I too show sunrise and sunset times as one hour late. Timezone is set correctly. I also tried the nightly build, but same results. I am located in Oregon, USA (-8 UTC). Let me know if there is anything else I can provide. And thanks again for your hard work.:D

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I've updated the Avalon skin-files:
    I've updated the WorldWeather files once again.
    - added providerimage
    - added image for world, webcam and precipation
    - fixed the pollencount image not being displayed
    - added updatetime to right bottom
    - changed geoclock view with additional info
    - added overlay to prevent images from having their corners out of the "box" (see geoclock screenshot)

You need the latest WorldWeather nightly (0.3.1) for this.
    You can find the xml files over here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/821567-post63.html

For people who don't know it, you can find weather images over here: Weather Images - MediaPortal Wiki
    Please edit the Wiki Page when you have some nice image :)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

On the weather page of my basic home screen it says today, wednesday, thursday and so on.
    Only problem is that today is wednesday. So the first two boxes are for the same day.
    Is that deliberately or is that only on my computer?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

On the weather page of my basic home screen it says today, wednesday, thursday and so on.
    Only problem is that today is wednesday. So the first two boxes are for the same day.
    Is that deliberately or is that only on my computer?

The first instance should be Today's current conditions, the second instance should be the day "forecast". The 5 columns were probably originally done for the (now defunct) built-in Weather, and used instead of redesigning to show 4 columns. Future Weather sources may need 5 columns.

Chuck

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WorldWeather plugin v0.3.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    a new nightly build v0.3.2 was uploaded for testing purposes only, please use it at your own risk.

List of plugin related changes:
    • support for more temperature units (°C, °F, K, °R)
    • add wind units (km/h, mph, kts) and appropriate conversion routines
    • add new properties (#WorldWeather.TodayWindSpeed, #WorldWeather.TodayWindDirection), the old property #WorldWeather.TodayWind exists for compatibility issues only and contains the original string from Google
    • option to load weather images on startup (please disable this, if you have performance issues)
    • add missing humidity image translation (#WorldWeather.TranslationHumidityImage)

@ltfearme, rogerleifert: filmstrip controls sounds like a good option. I'm planning to release v0.3.5 with the old style before, I'd created a backlog item for a later version.

@Cruzer, Taipan: I don't know why, really. Maybe in this case, the new sunrise/sunset API has also calculation problems. Taipan: The UTC timespan settings are calculated correctly in your posted profile. Cruzer: Could you please post your WorldWeather profile here or reply, which value contains the profile entry <entry name="TimezoneUTCSpan"> for your location?

@Bleazle:
    ... I would like to be able to enter the URL of various weather related sites and have them show via the World Weather plugin...

Do you mean by entering the URL inside the GUI or the configuration dialog in conjunction with appropriate GUI menu?

Cheers, Micropolis

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I translated the language file to Swedish. I hope UTF=8 works with our zany ÅÄÖ characters. :)

Emph

Attachments

• strings_sv.xml
      3.6 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

[*]add wind units (km/h, mph, kts) and appropriate conversion routines

[*]add new properties (#WorldWeather.TodayWindSpeed, #WorldWeather.TodayWindDirection)

:D:D

@Bleazle:
    ... I would like to be able to enter the URL of various weather related sites and have them show via the World Weather plugin...

Do you mean by entering the URL inside the GUI or the configuration dialog in conjunction with appropriate GUI menu?

I guess (for me anyway) it would be easiest to enter the URL using MP Config because then I can copy and paste the addresses from the browser into the plugin. How about something like the pic below :) ("Title" would allow the User to call the site "Windguru", "Live Wind" "Hot chicks on a beach" etc :D so it's obvious in the GUI menu). What do you think?

Regards

Bleazle

Attachments

• weather.jpg
      weather.jpg
      75.2 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Bleazle,
    sounds good and feasible.
    In this case, I would suggest to create a menu button instead the existing context entry. This makes a bit easier, but requires skin changes.

Cheers, Micropolis

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi Bleazle,
    sounds good and feasible.
    In this case, I would suggest to create a menu button instead the existing context entry. This makes a bit easier, but requires skin changes.

Cheers, Micropolis

:D Whatever you think will work best :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom