WorldWideMediaProject IPTV Plugin (1 Viewer)

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
Information:

This plugin is used to interface with the WorldWideMediaProject.com website.

Firstly, you will need an account on the world wide media project site. When you have an account you can create your own playlists.

The data in this user defined playlist can be accessed through the URL provided in the 'My Profile' part of the site. The URL and your username/password will be entered though the setting part of my plugin and thus you will then be able to access your personal playlist in the GUI part of my plugin.

Access to this data will be basic to start with. i.e. you will initially be presented with categories:-

Entertainment
Sport
Movies
and so on...

When you select a category you will be given all the channels for that category and what language they're in.

NOTE: This plugin will eventually be re-written as a 'mini IPTV plugin' for the up and coming 'My IPTV Plugin'.

(I attached a couple of screenshots to give you an idea of what it will look like.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/fi...eoorMovies/WorldWideMediaProject(IPTV)Plugin/

Installation:

FIRST...

1. Download the plugin and unzip it.

2. Copy "\WWMP Plugin\Release\Skin\mce\WWMPIPTV.xml" to the "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\mce\" folder. NOTE: This same XML should also work for BlueTwo - just copy it into the BlueTwo folder instead

3. Copy "\WWMP Plugin\Release\XML\MyIPTVsettings.xml" to the "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\" folder.

4. Copy "\WWMP Plugin\Release\Plugin\WWMP.dll" to the "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows\" folder.

SECOND...

1. You will need an account with the http://www.worldwidemediaproject.com site.

2. Then you need to add several channels to your 'favorites list'

3. In the 'My Profile' part of the site click on the 'Link' beside 'Playlist URL'. Copy and past the URL from the address bar and paste it into the relevant place in the plugin setup. (Similar to what is shown in the screen shot on my second post below).

FINALLY...

Now you can open mediaportal and see if it works.

Versioning:

- Initial Release - (0.1.0 Alpha)
* Made changes to the regular expression which extracts the required data for each channel. This will correct the issue of only getting 9 channels.
* Added the line "GUIGraphicsContext.IsFullScreenVideo = true;" to try and correct the issue with some channels not working in fullscreen mode.

- Build Version- (0.1.1 Alpha)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I love Kulaks Woodshed!
I'm realy looking forward to test the plugin. Will there be a way to add data thrue mediaportal setup (or even UI)? I sugested to the author of the webpage to implement a 'buddy's system', like in Last.FM. I hope he will do this some day. This would make it even more powerfull.

The possebility to rate a stream and brows streams by rating would be great to. But I'm probebly way ahead now :)

Thanks for the hard work in advance!

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
Hi,

Please note that this plugin will be very basic. I have completed it early to move on to a more in-depth IPTV plugin ('My IP TV Plugin'). So this also means I will not be maintaining this plugin when it is released. However, I will obviously be releasing the code so anyone can continue from where I left off.

Hope this is ok... :)

Phil

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
All, I have finally got around to beta releasing this. I haven't really spent much time on it so forgive the bad programming and functionality

I am currenly working on a different IPTV plugin so I might find it hard to get time to fix any bugs which are raised - but I'll try.

Have a look:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/fi...eoorMovies/WorldWideMediaProject(IPTV)Plugin/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom