[not reproducible] wrong TV-channel name in timeline || skin: Blue3wide (1 Viewer)

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
April 15, 2010
* Version MP 1.1 RC 4
* Windows 7 professional (new installation, just hardware-drivers on my system right now)
* basic skin no plugins (in the picture you'll see an TV-logo plugin. I installed this after i discoverd the error...So this plugin does not create the error.

Following problem:

I start MP
- goto "TV"
- goto "Channel"
- selecting a channel ("ZDF" [yes, it's germany] for example

Now the TV-picture shows up

- change the channel to whatever you like. (let's say "ARD")
- hit the forward or backword cursor to lett the timeline show up.
Now MP shows the wrong channel name "ZDF" instead of "ARD". It dows not matter which channel i choose right now. it stays "ZDF" for all times.

Changing channel by F7 or F8-key: MP shows the correct (!) channelname overlayed by the "wrong" name. After a while the "correct name" disapears, the wrong remains in the timeline.

Look my picture and you'll see what i mean...

P.S.: I found out right now. When i go back to the "Televison-menü" and disable "live view, then change the channel the new channel is shown..and the Channelname in the timeline is the "old channel", which was tuned in before "disabling live view...

P.S.S.: in the TV-menü (corner: left, bottom). the correct channel name is displayed anytime.

Attachments

• channel-name.jpg
    channel-name.jpg
    73.2 KB

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
April 15, 2010
Re: wrong TV-channel name in timeline

I made another test:

I installed an uyer skin (in my case: PureVisionHD Blue 3.7 ).

With this skin...all channelnames are correctly displayed within this skin in the timeline.

Now i tested the MP basic skins again....and what a surprise...the channel names are displayed correct this time...

But whay? I've got no clue. I tested MP approx. 40 times before i installed the user-skin. Always the TV-channel-name was false...

May be possible that the userskin corrected a bug inside the default skin Blue3wide??
(i did not test Blue3 before, so i can't say if this skin has this bug, too....) :confused:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: wrong TV-channel name in timeline

I made another test:

I installed an uyer skin (in my case: PureVisionHD Blue 3.7 ).

With this skin...all channelnames are correctly displayed within this skin in the timeline.

Now i tested the MP basic skins again....and what a surprise...the channel names are displayed correct this time...

But whay? I've got no clue. I tested MP approx. 40 times before i installed the user-skin. Always the TV-channel-name was false...

May be possible that the userskin corrected a bug inside the default skin Blue3wide??
    (i did not test Blue3 before, so i can't say if this skin has this bug, too....) :confused:

Hi,

Changes status to 'can not reproduce' since you can't reproduce the problem.

Installing a 3rd party skin should not affect the default skin.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom