X10 Home Automation Plugin (1 Viewer)

Casper

Portal Member
October 20, 2004
Gothenburg, Sweden
JohnnyCash said:
Does the PC-Module send wireless signals to the receiver at the lights?

The firecracker sends wireless signals to a receiver that is plugged in to a wall socket. This receiver also recieves the signals from the remote controls. This then sends the signal over the electrical wiring to the different X10 modules in the house. There is also a module (CM11A/CM12A) that plugs in to the wall socket and into the serial port that that skips the wireless part.

JohnnyCash said:
And are there modules for ceiling lights? Didn't find one. Just for socket connection.

Yes, there are. There are modules that replace the wall switches as well as modules you can build into your ceiling lights.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for response. Now that I'm fascinated by the concept I have another question. Is there a US-X10-Store that ships to Germany? I found a German store but made a little price comparison and here is one example:
Wall-Switch:
X10.com Price: 12,99 $
German Retailer: 59,99 €

And this ratio is there for all products.

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
Would it be possible to integrate a timer into the module somehow. I wrote the X10 plugin for Girder and still need to use girder just to control the time based stuff (blinds etc) around the house. If your module could be used to fire events based on times etc then I could get rid of girder and just run MP.
Cheers
G

Casper

Portal Member
October 20, 2004
Gothenburg, Sweden
JohnnyCash said:
Thank you for response. Now that I'm fascinated by the concept I have another question. Is there a US-X10-Store that ships to Germany? I found a German store but made a little price comparison and here is one example:
Wall-Switch:
X10.com Price: 12,99 $
German Retailer: 59,99 €

And this ratio is there for all products.

Sadly, US X10 modules don't work in europe because of the differences in voltage and frequency. The wireless parts (remotes, firecracker) also transmitts on a frequency that is illegal in europe.

Regarding the wall switch, it requires that the neutral is available where the existing wall switch is. In my apartment there was only the phase in my wall-switches so I couldn't replace them with X10 wall switches without major electrical rewiring. :(

A

Anonymous

cm11a?

hi guys, i use the cm11a alongside the remote that came with it, w. the module for remote. So heres the drilldown of my system. Timers, and commands can be sent, executed and created on the pc. while the remote can only send commands like turn off light. Will this work w. the plugin? (really all i need to no is if the plugin can talk to the serial cm11a unit) sorry if this is confusing im bad at english, even tho i speak it good. i just cant spell or type in full sentences. idk why. P.S. im not re-reading this to c if it makes sense, because i am too lazy. sorry.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Re: cm11a?

sportsguy1237 said:
    hi guys, i use the cm11a alongside the remote that came with it, w. the module for remote. So heres the drilldown of my system. Timers, and commands can be sent, executed and created on the pc. while the remote can only send commands like turn off light. Will this work w. the plugin? (really all i need to no is if the plugin can talk to the serial cm11a unit) sorry if this is confusing im bad at english, even tho i speak it good. i just cant spell or type in full sentences. idk why. P.S. im not re-reading this to c if it makes sense, because i am too lazy. sorry.

This plugin only supports the CM17A Firecracker and can support the MR26A with a little modification. (which handles incoming x10 signals) I could try to write support for the cm11a.

R

Remcow

I also like to see my medion x10 remote intergrate into mediaportal, because I hate it to install girder again and again.

The remote completely works with the ACtiveHome Scripting SDK so I suppose it would not be that hard to intergrate is using this plugin.

A

Anonymous

if you could write a cm11a code that would be nice! :lol: i do no that the two are very similar, and i have come across many open source projects that support both (so it must not be too hard!)

thanks anyway :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom