X10 Remote stopped working since MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-18-2007 (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Could the people its not working for update to the latest svn, and post your logs. Its working here, and I didn't change that much. I broke x10 support because I forgot some config files. That's why my local copy kept working. When I committed them, my other local copy worked just fine. Please make sure in your running programs, there is something that says x10net.

MichaelK

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2005
    Kaarst, Germany
    still not working for me with svn 14324. i deleted the mediaportal.xml
    for testing, and the settup assistent say's "the x10 driver is not installed".
    i use windows vista, but i think this is not important. with 0.2.2.0 stable
    and the last svn's from 2 weeks ago, i works fine. as i mentioned before,
    i use the medion x10. diehard2 wrote:

Please make sure in your running programs, there is something that says x10net

where should i find this ? in taskmanager as process, or what do you mean ?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi MichaelK, I don't own Vista, so its hard for me to plan for it. If you post your logs, I can try and see what is going on. However, since I don't own the operating system, I may not be able to fix it.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MichaelK, I think it DOES matter that you are on Vista. The driver you get via Windows update is not enough. You need a special driver. I found a link in a dutch HTPC forum pointing to a Medion driver which was I think for Win MCE. It crashed on installation several times, but in the end it worked ;)

Please search Google for the driver, I don't know the link anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom