Xbox 360 (1 Viewer)

jotty

Portal Member
January 5, 2007
I'm trying to get media portal onto my Xbox 360, how do I do this? if It can't then I think it's pretty crap because thats what I bought it for...weve followed the online manual and everything, but don't exactly understand it, can't get it working, has anyone got it working? please, tell me how.:) (it came with support and instilation for xbox on the cd, but has no manuals for them!)

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
you bought an xbox360 solely to put MediaPortal on it.. when MediaPortal is a "WINDOWS" application ??

also XBMC is not xbox360 compatible... it only runs on the original XBOX console

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
Mediaportal is Free.. it isn't for sale anywhere legitimately

if you paid for it then you were shafted.

Mediaportal does NOT run on an Xbox360

strontium

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
UK
You can only play music or view photo's directly using a memory stick or external USB HDD.
Using a windows XP machine you can stream photo's music and WMV video's using WMP 11 or tversity or twonky media.
There is no other way to get media to play on a 360 I am afraid.
Just get gears of war and play that instead.

jotty

Portal Member
January 5, 2007
I'm getting GOW when i've got enough money. So media portal is free? I bought it of a guy on ebay he put pictures of it all boxed and wrapped, but when we got it, it was just a burnt CD saying "media centre", atleast it was only like, £7.99..... £3.99 and £3.99 p&p

Wilco

Portal Member
January 6, 2007
Home Country
England England
He probably nicked the image off the front of this website, its got an DVD box mockup. :)

Ricey155

January 16, 2007
Home Country
To be fair there's a few guys selling media portal on the BAY

labelled media center so all the xboxers are buying it thinking they can connect there xbox 360

sadly it wont work

shame cus i prefer portal to center but needs must

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom