XM Radio Plugin Prototype (1 Viewer)

happyfirst

Portal Member
July 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've got a basic XMRadio plugin working. It's not ready for uploading yet since my account is hard coded into it and I haven't made a configuration screen yet so that you enter your account info and desired speed. Doesn't support favorites or categories yet. Just displays all the channels (logo,name,description, currently playing) using a custom paging method.

Questions:

1) Once I get the stream url from xm for the selected channel, I'm getting it to play by calling g_Player.PlayAudioStream(url, false); But this gives me a full player bar up top with back, fwd and a little progress bar with a time running. Is there a more optimized better way to play a radio stream? I found RTSPPlayer in the code but couldn't get it to work. Is there a more streamlimed version of the topbar (player bar?) available for those media types that all you can do is change volume and stop?

2) I initially tried using the facade control but found it limiting in the way I was trying to show all the channel data. So now I tried following the code in the radioguide and now create the rows dynamically. I can't actually get my radioguide to work so I don't know what it looks like when running. I tried placing two images at the bottom for navigating pages but I can't seem to determine how they're clicked in OnAction. If I make them buttons, then I can get the focusedID. But then how do I get a texture onto a button? Also each of my rows is made up of a GUIImage and some GUILabels. How can I wrap all them with some type of panel or group so that when the user highlights or clicks one, I can show it with a slightly shaded background or just something?

It would be nice if there was more documentation besides just for image, label and button in the plugin devlopers guide. For example, more documentation on playing various media types, the list controls, the group controls (actiongroup?), etc.

rob3435

Portal Member
April 18, 2005
Hi Happyfeet,

Congrates on your progress, it's good to see someone pick up this again!

If it's any help, here's the older XM-Radio code ( http://www.rcn-ee.com/data/MediaPortal/ ) for i think if i remember correctly 0.2.1.0 (version 1.0.0.0.7z (7-zip compression)) and 0.2.1.4?? (version 1.0.0.1.7z, source long since dissapeared on my systems, (it's there somewhere), but i essentially modified it to use g_player)...

Alot of it is based on the 0.2.1.0, (and the built in music player at that time, (aka not the current BASS)) but you might find something usefull for album art, username/pass, etc...

Rob

happyfirst

Portal Member
July 29, 2007
Home Country
awesome!!!! Thank you so much.

Is g_player = BASS? If not, where's the best place to find info on BASS?

keitht74

Portal Member
April 22, 2006
I hope this goes well and you upload your plugin. I have been waiting for an update for the XM module. I can't upgrade to the newer Mediaportal until I have an XM plugin. I really love it! Please keep us posted.

rob3435

Portal Member
April 18, 2005
Hi Happyfeet,

Don't quote me because i'm not a developer, and it's been awhile since i've digged around the source code.

But i believe g_player is the interface to the older 'windows media player' audio subsystem, which was replaced by the BASS library. Not sure what version was integrated, probably fairly recent, but there is more docs here: ( http://www.un4seen.com/ ) According to SVN it's 2.3.0.3 so the latest ( http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge....on 0.2.3.0/MediaPortal.Base/bass.dll?view=log )

Regards

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't know (and probably don't need) XM Radio, but I agree that the skin documentation should be updated. Of course, I can't do it since I'm a plugin dev ;) Aren't there any skin devs with some spare time? :D

mrbook

Portal Member
October 23, 2007
Home Country
Any update on this plugin was looking over at meedios someone finished a xm online plugin over there not sure if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom