xmltv 2 ? (source + binary now available) (1 Viewer)

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just out of interest, does it force an import each time you click OK in the TV Server Configuration window? Perhaps it's me jumping in and out forcing the reload?

Seems that way. I'll look into it.

Edit: Nope, it's done automatically. I think i know what the problem is. Don't know where that line of code came from :)
I'll release a fix asap.

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Genius!!!! I have another few suggestions that maybe of interest to you.

Does it match all display names in the XMLTV channel node against the mediaportal name? I recall the original plugin only matched the first displayname, so if the matching XTLTV channel name was the second displayname node then it was not matched to the MP channel.

It uses a very simple "algorithm" currently.

1: match by name, non case sensitive, so "Canal + Film" = "canal+ FILM"
2: no match -> remove the last word, if there are more then two, try again
3: no match -> take the 3 first letters, try again

Also, it would be sweet to allow for near match algorithms to analysis the comparisons between the channel names in Mediaportal and in that of the xmltv file. Basically, nothing complex but what I am thinking of a decorator style pattern on where you have a drop down combobox with different algorithms that can run against the datasets to see if you can have a comparative match between unconnected TV Channels.

E.G.

The above is of course doable. Though i'm not sure that it would be worth the effort. You'd probably run into the problem that you get a lot of incorrect partial matches and you'd have to go through them and "disable" the mapping. You shouldn't have to do these mappings that often either.

Title Match, whitespace trim – put both the MP Channel and the xmltv channel into lower case & trim the white spaces - the would mean that if the MP Channel is called BBC 3 and the XMLTV Channel was bbc3 then both would match. For some reason; the channels in the UK have spaces and whitespace mismatch.

This should show up anyway (see step 1,2,3), though you might not necessarily get the correct channel. But you need to go through all partial matches anyway and you should end up close to the channel you are looking for. But this is a really simple fix, i'll try to put it in the next version.

Obviously this is simply to aid in the setup time in the mapping between the channel – but does help if you have >200 channels. What do you think?

See the answer to the second question.

Do you update the original binaries at the start of the post?

Yes.

If there is anything that I can do then give me a shout but I’m a java programmer by trade but never scared to have a go with C#.

Cheers,

Ian

Well, i'm a java programmer by trade too. Though C# is pretty similiar, don't really see a problem going from java to c#. As for help, well, you could fix the TstDictionary classes that i'm using for doing wildcard searches :). The PartialMatch method didn't work as promised, otherwise it would have been easy to do the stuff that you were talking about above. To lazy to do it myself, or to implement a wildcardsearch myself. I have other projects that i want to start with also :).

A easy thing would of course be to use the database for the wildcard searches. But, i dunno, don't really see the reason to make this more advanced then it is. Feel free to implement something like that yourself though. The source code is available. Though i would perhaps wait until most of the bugs are sorted out if i were you :)

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thank you very much Laban!!

I sent to you a mail with bug reporting on 8 Jul but i recived a delayed delivery warning today (?¿). So I put here the bugs i found:

Almost forgot. Where did you send that mail, dev@null.com ?

If you did then that was perhaps a bad joke:sorry: ->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//dev/null

Just put the bugreports in this thread for now.

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Obviously this is simply to aid in the setup time in the mapping between the channel – but does help if you have >200 channels. What do you think?

I'd like to expand on this a little bit more. How many of these 200 channels are we talking about that doesn't give you a descent match with the current simple algorithm ?

If we're talking about 20+ channels then it might be a good idea to implement something. If we are, then you could post some samples of what we are talking about. One example that i have with the swe grabber is a channel that it split, sends children stuff in the daytime, then hmm, i guess documentaries in the evenings. It has the names split like barnkanalen/kunskapskanalen (direct translation would be childrenschannel/knowledgechannel).

This will not give you a match with the current algorithm. But i only have one channel with this problem so it wouldn't be worth the effort for my own uses. Especially since you shouldn't have to do these mappings that often. Preferably only once, and then just for the new channels when you do a new autotune.

And you have the export functionality (not the one in the xmltv plugin, the one that exports the tuning and all that in the channels section) for reinstallations and stuff like that so there's no need to redo it then either.

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
New version now available. Fixed the xmltv import running once/minute bug.
BBC 3 - BBC3 will now become an exact match.

/Laban

kellizer2

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
New version now available. Fixed the xmltv import running once/minute bug.
BBC 3 - BBC3 will now become an exact match.

Great - i think that this sorts the no matching displaynames as more often that not they mismatch - i also understand having a multiple pattern matching algorithms is most probably overkill, espicially that you can go through and manually amend them.

If we're talking about 20+ channels then it might be a good idea to implement something. If we are, then you could post some samples of what we are talking about. One example that i have with the swe grabber is a channel that it split, sends children stuff in the daytime, then hmm, i guess documentaries in the evenings. It has the names split like barnkanalen/kunskapskanalen (direct translation would be childrenschannel/knowledgechannel).

No, i can't see it being >20 channels and yes, it would make sense to do it manually

The main issue in the UK that i can see is that we have >1 displayname node for the channel - the MP Name is utv but as it does not appear first - it does not get match

PHP:
  <channel id="utvlive.com">
    <display-name>Ulster</display-name>
    <display-name>UTV</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/uu/ulster_tv.jpg" />
  </channel>

i don't know off hand the volume of values that fall into this but would say it is at least over 10 - for some reason the BBC regional & New Digital Channels have their name in the non primary display-name

I may take you up on seeing if can get my head round C#; hope it is not too hard.:)

keep up the great work.

Ian.

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The main issue in the UK that i can see is that we have >1 displayname node for the channel - the MP Name is utv but as it does not appear first - it does not get match

PHP:
  </channel>

i don't know off hand the volume of values that fall into this but would say it is at least over 10 - for some reason the BBC regional & New Digital Channels have their name in the non primary display-name

Ok, hmm, there's at least two simple options for this. One is to always use the shortest name first if there are more then one. Though i'm guessing that the shortest name isn't always the correct one.

The other is to create a channel object for each display-name. They'll both have the same externalid (of course) so this won't matter at all for the mappings themselves.

The only thing that'll happen is that there will be a few more channels to go through when trying to find a match for each channel from the MP. Shouldn't be a big problem afaics. I'm going to try and implement that and i'll put it in a separate release to begin with.

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Added support for multiple display-names in the tvguide. F.e

</channel>

This means that you should get an exact match if the MP(tuned) channel is named Ulster or UTV (non case sensitive of course).

kellizer2

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Hey laban,

Seems the last version of the plugin is broke- when i press load/refresh it simply finishes instantly and no programs import - the xmltv2 screen says that the program have been imported. Rolling back the DLL fixes the issue.

Nothing seen in the logs

Cheers,

Ian.

Hemin

Portal Pro
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
Thank you very much Laban!!

I sent to you a mail with bug reporting on 8 Jul but i recived a delayed delivery warning today (?¿). So I put here the bugs i found:

Almost forgot. Where did you send that mail, dev@null.com ?

If you did then that was perhaps a bad joke:sorry: ->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki//dev/null

Just put the bugreports in this thread for now.

:D don't worry! my ignorance about linux is the same as the ignorance to understand bad jokes :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom