xmltv & Atlas Metabroadcast - replacing UK Radio Times (1 Viewer)

hucknallred

Portal Pro
February 21, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm trying to use this process with Argus and getting really stumped over the mess of different channel names.
Is there a way to change the channel names used in the XML file created by this process so that Argus imports the data against the channel names it has found?
Or is there a different way of sorting out the mismatch of names?

Thanks.

As much as I like Argus, this services/channels thing is overly complicated IMO. But it's not as if we can ask for a refund is it?
The way to sort this is to just clear the channel/service links & start again, as Argus will create a new channel from the XML data if it can't find a matching service. Eg. If you have BBC1 set up, but the XML feed has it as BBC ONE it will create a new channel that has no linked sevice so can't be tuned.

In Recorder Console go to Channels > Select All > Remove Link. All your scanned services will still exist, but won't be linked to a channel.

Now go to Scheduler Console > Channels & delete them all, remember all your tuning still exists as 'services'.

Now create a new tvguide.xml & let Argus import it.

After import you'll have a set of new channels but without linked services. Go to Recorder Console > Channels, highlight your first channel & click Link Service, up pops a list of all your scanned services, if there's a match the correct service will be highlighted. Repeat for all channels.

Any recording schedules you have will probably now be broken, go to Scheduler Console > Recordings & click on each one & reenter the channel if required.

A pain to set up, but maintenance free when done.

Philip Colmer

May 1, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
A pain to set up, but maintenance free when done.
Apologies for the delay in replying - I was waiting to get my second USB tuner before undergoing this.

Many thanks for the step-by-step instructions. I have followed them and I think I have it sorted out.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom